PDA

View Full Version : Musky Problems

flickerfriend
12-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Ok. so, our snake (Musky) has not been looking so well. He seems to have the upper jaw skin kinda bending up? and he has not been eating at ALL! i'm really afraid he'll die or somthing horrible like that !! i dont have piccys yet. but will soon. or. flicker may :(

guidofatherof5
12-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Please keep us posted
Musky is in our prayers.

Stefan-A
12-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Really sorry to hear it. My standard recommendation is to take the animal to a vet.

ConcinusMan
12-16-2010, 01:32 AM
That would be rather difficult given her location and the species. A vet can't treat it legally.(native wildlife) Which one is having the issue? If it's one of the concinnus, it sounds like a mouth injury from food fights. You absolutely must not let them fight. Feed separately or otherwise find a way to prevent them from biting each other or fighting over food.

Do you think you guys can make it back over here and let me take a look? I've had a few babies (accidents happen sometimes no matter how careful you are) that had that condition. With daily treatment they are improving. Maybe I can save him if it isn't too far gone. Need to act fast before serious infection gets too deep.

flickerfriend
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Okay - sorry about taking so long. Musky shed and is eating again. I havent been able to see him upclose for awhile. but due to the fact that he's eating again. I think he's on the road to recovery.

guidofatherof5
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
That is good news. Thanks for the update.

flickerfriend
01-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Bad news now. it turns out Flicker (my mom) didn't have enough heat in the tank and thats why he wasn't eating.. really bad news is that.. well. he died.
I wish I could've saved the poor scrub. but i didnt know :( :( :( :( :( :(

gregmonsta
01-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Sorry to hear that, it's never easy loosing a pet. These things do happen. Treat it as a learning experience - temperature is critical especially being able to monitor and control it.

Mommy2many
01-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.:(

Mix
01-17-2011, 07:46 AM
So sorry for your loss.

indigoman
01-17-2011, 08:01 AM
So sorry to read about Flicker.

guidofatherof5
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news.

ConcinusMan
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
So sorry to read about Flicker.

There's nothing wrong with (Tanya) Flicker (The person, or the snake). I have flicker (The snake) and he's doing great.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the T.s. concinnus' I gave you?

Which one? One of the babies? Hard for me to keep track since you guys got several snakes from me.

Either way, that's sad to hear.:(

You don't have to worry about Flicker (the snake) I fattened him up, got him eating pinkies, he shed several times, doing great. He and his girlfriend are brumating now. I'll bring them out around the end of February.

From your description it sounds like the snake could have had a mouth injury and maybe that's why he stopped eating. In any case, unless he stopped eating a very long time ago and got really skinny, I don't think he starved to death. He probably had an infection and died from that.

Sorry to hear it.:(

flickerfriend
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for all the help with my snake.