PDA

View Full Version : you might be a herpetologist if...

mustang
12-08-2010, 12:13 AM
o wow thought id get this goin...when it came to me at 11:55!
you might be a herpetologist if you get girls numbers by bringing a snake to a social occasion
if in english class you say "my mom is front fanged" and can identify more than one literary device in it you might be a herpetologist
if you think girls that are in camo and like snakes are 2 extreamly hot qualities in a girl you ....have similar taste as me....may be a herpotologist
if you say "my snake crapped on my homework and teachers know you and consider it a viable excuse you may be a herpotologist
if your dream home has more than 2 giant tin wall geckos in and or outside you may be a herpetologist
if you can identify a snake with 75% accuracy thats in flordia with no knowledge of specific fl species just with the description .it was brown, fast and in a tree...oh and it wasnt venomous" (coach whip) you may be a herpetologist
if you have the urge to play fetch with your 6foot nile monitor in the dog park you may be a herpetologist
if you called pat malloney saying you were diagnosed with "radix fever" and are looking for a settlement you may be a herpetologist
if you can identify a snake to wear on any part of your body for any social occasion you might be a herpetologist
if you cant wait to die so you can actually "croak" you may be a herpetologist
if you chose "scales" as your wall texture you may be a herpetologist
if you say bite me and what your talking to actually does bite you might be a herpetologist
if you use the terms "cloaca impaction,hemphinies, or mating ball" in a essay on comparing humans to animals you may be a herpetologist
if when you were little you went around your neighboorhood with an icechest so you could catch anoles to release into your back yard to add genetic diversity (or more babies) you might be a herpetologist

more will come later...go ahead and post if youv thought of any

guidofatherof5
12-08-2010, 06:49 AM
If when out herping you yell "Gotcha" when a snake grabs you, you might be a Herpetologist.

If when being chewed on you think "cool", you might be a Herpetologist.

mustang
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
if your gitting chewed on by a radix and think "oh wow this is a kodak moment" you might be a herpetologist

ConcinusMan
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
You find tires and other debris dumped on the side of a country road and you cannot resist the urge to stop and flip some over. Most people see a mess. You see opportunity.

mustang
12-09-2010, 09:37 PM
ok time to be a little more honest.....
"if you plan on having atleast 1 tin wall gecko in every room of your house (hopefully with singing fish mounts :P ) you might be a herpetologist

ConcinusMan
12-10-2010, 01:27 AM
When digging in the garden, most people see a big fat worm. You see snake food.

RedSidedSPR
12-10-2010, 10:50 AM
You walk past the gerbils in the pet store and you think "snake food"

ConcinusMan
12-10-2010, 01:22 PM
...yeah. Muahahaha. "How cute" never crosses your mind. Tee hee.

RedSidedSPR
12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Found this site with the same dang thing:D
You Might Be a Herper If .... (http://www.robinsfyi.com/animals/humor/youmightbe.htm)

guidofatherof5
12-11-2010, 01:20 PM
You Might Be a Herper If .... (http://www.robinsfyi.com/animals/humor/youmightbe.htm)

Great link. Thanks.
I would have to plead guilty to many of those.:D

infernalis
12-11-2010, 09:02 PM
same thread is also running on a few other forums...

However, I would like to take a moment.....

You may be a herpetologist IF you have a degree in specialized zoology.

You may be a herper or Herp lover if......any of the above comments apply.

Stefan-A
12-12-2010, 03:53 AM
You may be a herpetologist IF you have a degree in specialized zoology.
You are a herpetologist if you study reptiles and/or amphibians. The purpose of the degree is "just" to show that you have been educated and passed strict quality control and testing.

So, if any of you (who presumably don't have a degree) go out into the world and start gathering and processing data related to herpetofauna, you are herpetologists. But don't be surprised if those with degrees are skeptical about your abilities to produce reliable information and refuse to quote your articles.

infernalis
12-12-2010, 04:21 AM
I fully comprehend what you are saying Stefan.

I can suture a wound, but I'd never call myself a doctor, surgeon or even a medic. ;)

ConcinusMan
12-12-2010, 04:42 AM
I guess the question then remains... am I a gynec..

Nevermind.

Mommy2many
12-12-2010, 09:27 AM
You treat "slug hunting" as a weekend activity and look forward to it.:rolleyes:

ConcinusMan
12-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Speaking of which, it's wet and 60 degrees today. Perfect. I'm sure I'll find plenty of slugs for Flicker. Looking forward to it....

D'OH!

Jeff B
12-12-2010, 01:27 PM
....your refrigerator is full of brumating snakes and your freezer is full of frozen rodents.

ConcinusMan
12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
You always forget your umbrella, keys, and wallet, but you never leave home without a snake hook.

ConcinusMan
12-12-2010, 01:46 PM
You bake wood and rocks more often than you bake a cake.

infernalis
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
You throw away food to make room for mice in the freezer...

mustang
12-13-2010, 04:05 PM
dang and i thought i had an original idea!!!

guidofatherof5
12-13-2010, 04:11 PM
dang and i thought i had an original idea!!!

Well, it was original for you.:D just a little more original for someone else.
Still a good idea though.;)

ConcinusMan
12-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Your top 4 concerns when the power goes out are as follows:

#1 - your reptiles getting cold
#2 - their pinkies thawing
#3 - your brumating fridge getting too warm
#4 - not being able to log on to thamnophis.com

Jeff B
12-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Your top 4 concerns when the power goes out are as follows:

#1 - your reptiles getting cold
#2 - their pinkies thawing
#3 - your brumating fridge getting too warm
#4 - not being able to log on to thamnophis.com

Yep "been there done that" a couple winters ago during nasty freezing rain storms.

EasternGirl
12-14-2010, 06:48 AM
If everyone on facebook thinks you're weird because they post cute puppy pics and you post snake pics....

ConcinusMan
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh crap. That's exactly my situation. I get lots of "ewww" , "gross" "icky" comments.

mustang
12-15-2010, 10:05 AM
well i have the opposite problem
if you can bring a snake to school and girls go up to you saying things like "aww how cute" you might be (luckyor a science academy student or a) herpetologist

guidofatherof5
12-15-2010, 03:28 PM
If you get excited when your animals poop, knowing there system is working well.:D