PDA

View Full Version : Reptile Vet. List

guidofatherof5
11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I came across this list and thought I would post a link:
Reptile Vets (http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-health/vet-listing.aspx)

guidofatherof5
11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Just a suggestion to forum members.
If your Vet. isn't listed, get permission to forward their information to this website so they can be recognized.
Good Vets. are hard to find and we need to help the ones that help our animals.

justme
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
I think it would be helpful to start a thread of vets here that members have taken their garters to and highly recommend. In the past when I needed to take my diamondback terrapin to a vet I used the recommended reptile vet (chelonian) listings but unfortunately both vets I took my turtle to had no prior experiences with terrapins. They couldn't answer half of my questions.

Anyway, I feel that if for some reason my garters needed medical attention I would prefer to take my snake to a vet that a member here recommends because of their own personal and positive experiences. Is it possible to start such a thread?

guidofatherof5
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
I think it would be helpful to start a thread of vets here that members have taken their garters to and highly recommend. In the past when I needed to take my diamondback terrapin to a vet I used the recommended reptile vet (chelonian) listings but unfortunately both vets I took my turtle to had no prior experiences with terrapins. They couldn't answer half of my questions.

Anyway, I feel that if for some reason my garters needed medical attention I would prefer to take my snake to a vet that a member here recommends because of their own personal and positive experiences. Is it possible to start such a thread?

Sounds like a good thread idea, Karen.
Get it started.;)

justme
11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
But I'm too shy.... (sigh) Okay, I'll try. ;-)

guidofatherof5
11-17-2010, 01:34 AM
But I'm too shy.... (sigh) Okay, I'll try. ;-)

Too shy my toe:D
You did good.

justme
11-17-2010, 01:51 AM
The extra glass of wine helped. ;-)

Side Note: In a previous thread I had mentioned trying out "diced up rat-pups" to feed my juvenile garters and my T. Concinnus and female puget devoured them just as eagerly as they do with mice.

Last week I received a large shipment of frozen mice pinkies and hoppers so no more rat-pup sampling. ;-)

mustang
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
the vets at st.francis of ascici (probably spelled or said wrong but i think i got it right) are awesome they have a vet for almost everything including rerptiles and he instantly saw what was wrong with checker that i coulnt see!!! and my uncle(very close family friend) is a vet there! best i know of in san antonio i only goto them (even though iv only needed to go once though...i guess there just that good :D) and theyre in san antonio!

they dont have a website this is the best i can do for now
St Francis of Assisi Vet, San Antonio, TX : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local (http://local.yahoo.com/info-30638215-st-francis-of-assisi-vet-san-antonio)

10west bird and animal hospital is ok they work a lot of normal & exotic stuff and i believe on the exotics they specalize in avian but they do do reptiles (i shadowed them and they got BIG REPTILE BOOKS!!!!!!!!! )
dr.powers is nice as well as the rest of the staff
Ten West Bird and Animal Hospital / About Us (http://tenwestvet.com/)