PDA

View Full Version : funny statistics

zooplan
10-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Posts in the forum are like money in the world!

Ten percent of the listed members (630)wrote more than 80 % of all entries, but half of all (142410) were postet by only 15 people ( 0,2 % of the registered members(8072))

38 members became "old and wise snakes" since july 2006 and half of them joined the forum within itīs first year.
One-hundred and twenty-six members visited thamnophis.com in the last month and ten of them signed up for the first time and wrote at least five posts.

weird? useless?
But may change the point of view!

guidofatherof5
10-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Interesting statistics. I wonder have they compare with other forums of this type. I'm guessing they're pretty similar.
Passion and available time probably has a lot to do with it. Just my thoughts.

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 05:32 AM
It'd be very interesting to see the drop-out rate.

guidofatherof5
10-28-2010, 06:11 AM
It'd be very interesting to see the drop-out rate.

More interesting would be the reasons for those drop-outs.

infernalis
10-28-2010, 06:50 AM

I would have to believe either changes in their lives or the snake they were seeking help for died.

The ones that confuse me are "I discovered face book" (heard that a few times now)

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Oh, I can think of a few reasons. Mostly ones that I don't give a crap about.

guidofatherof5
10-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Oh, I can think of a few reasons. Mostly ones that I don't give a crap about.

Come on Stefan, let it out.
Tell us how you really feel:D

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Let me put it this way: Good riddance.

Of course there are exceptions.

gregmonsta
10-28-2010, 12:05 PM
So .... where do we draw the line? .... should we be imposing a curfew on not returning? .... or have a spring clean?

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
So .... where do we draw the line? .... should we be imposing a curfew on not returning? .... or have a spring clean?
Not worth the trouble.

gregmonsta
10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
:rolleyes: might clear some server space though.

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 12:59 PM
They don't take up much space and space is cheap. If time is money, it's literally not worth the trouble.

zooplan
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Most of the older members had one or a few times of absense, but returned with new energy and fresh ideas.
Others had asked and later answered each FAQīs and turned down to stop by frequently.

I donīt mind all the inactiv members, theyīll have a second chance (if they remember thier pass:D)
As Stefan says: Space is cheap!

count dewclaw
10-28-2010, 04:00 PM
theyīll have a second chance (if they remember thier pass:D)

Remembering login id and passwords may be part of the problem.....:o I'm guilty of that on other sites.

Stefan-A
10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Remembering login id and passwords may be part of the problem.....:o I'm guilty of that on other sites.
Fortunately, it's usually possible to recover the password and username, as long as you remember your e-mail address. :D

HazAnga
10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I was inactive for a long while, but as I've gotten deeper into the snake hoppy I've gotten into this and another 2 forums, more this one and www.cornsnakes.com only because I have garters and corn snakes. I do more browsing of posts and pictures then I do posting myself, unless of course I have something good to say or a question to ask, etc...
I have told many people about this site for mostly the soul purpose of them being interested in purchasing Garters for pets or as to give them a link for care sheets. I am no where close in order to ship a couple garters that I'm selling for $20-$30 CAD across the country where it could cost double the initial price for shipping. So I send them a link and tell them that they could probably find someone closer and with a bigger variety of Thamnophis.

zooplan
01-31-2011, 02:57 AM
289 listed user were online in the last 365 days (close to 50% of all, who had written 5 posts or more)
123 visited in January 2011(41% are top 123 poster as well)
82 read at least in the forum during actual contest polls( less than 30% voted)

ConcinusMan
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Now wait a minute. When I do that, I get myself into trouble and get everyone biting my head off. Sometimes it's just better if you don't know how someone really feels about certain things. I must admit I sometimes can't resist ignoring that fact and open my mouth anyway.

Very interesting stats Udo. I don't think I like that last one. Less than 30% voted even though they viewed the contest? Terrible.

PINJOHN
01-31-2011, 04:24 PM

i truly hope that there will be no restrictions put on inactive members
i say this for two reasons, the first has already been alluded to, the fact that so much can affect a persons ability to take part in the day to day site activity's
relationship problems. moving [home, city, state,] education, the list is vast
but for me the main reason is it would be against the whole ethos of this site,
WHICH IS a group of very friendly very welcoming people with a mutual passion.
the message should surly be, you will always be one of us and are welcome back when you are ready. :confused:

zooplan
02-01-2011, 02:43 AM
Very interesting stats Udo. I don't think I like that last one. Less than 30% voted even though they viewed the contest? Terrible.

Sorry for mistating:
The photo constest thread has 352 views/30 days = 10 views/day
itīs impossible to say how many unlisted members, listed members and guests had a look at it and how many times! ( without reading billions of login files or writing new algorithms for "big brother" )

82 listed members were online in the forum while the polls were running.

zooplan
01-12-2012, 01:07 AM
After reading about the TOP Ranking of thamnophis.com I had to surve the member list again.
Have you ever mentioned:

This forum has more than 6000 members
more than 750 have written at least 5 posts
more than 150 have written alt least 100 posts
more than 120 were online during the last 30 days
but only 30 members have written 123 578 posts together