PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy eyes AFTER last shed?

Mix
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Lily had a perfect shed a couple of weeks ago. She got the cloudy eyes, and shed a couple days after, leaving clear eyes and skin. She shed her eyecaps.

Now her eyes have gone cloudy again. Is it even possible that she can be shedding again so soon? Or is there something else which could make her eyes cloudy? :confused:

Also, she has not been eating since I lowered the temps a little for autumn (fall), so I didn't think another shed would be needed yet? I also thought the loss of appetite was just due to the temps, but could it be related to her eyes?

My thanks for any suggestions.

guidofatherof5
10-17-2010, 08:35 AM
I have had snakes shed in quick(every two or three weeks) succession before. Going off food at this time of the year isn't unusual either, especially if the temps were lowered.
It's good that you are monitoring this and it is something to keep track of.
How's the snakes overall attitude. Still moving around? Lots of tongue flicking? Any changes in behavior? Is it soaking a lot in the water dish?
Keep us posted, please.

Mix
10-17-2010, 09:45 AM
She's not as active, spending a large proportion of her time under the lamp, curled up under the 'holey' rock there - but no problems getting around when she does move.
Still a lot of tongue flicking if I go in, or open up the viv - checking out what's going on.

guidofatherof5
10-17-2010, 12:50 PM
She's not as active, spending a large proportion of her time under the lamp, curled up under the 'holey' rock there - but no problems getting around when she does move.
Still a lot of tongue flicking if I go in, or open up the viv - checking out what's going on.

Sounds like it might just be a growth spurt.

mustang
10-17-2010, 01:04 PM
lots of growth or chronic dry eye+lots of stimulant medication (allergy meds) +contacts+inhalers haha (it happend to me and it hurts!!!!!) stick with the first option its more reasonable

Mix
10-17-2010, 02:02 PM
:D Hopefully that's all it is. I'll be keeping an eye on her.

guidofatherof5
10-17-2010, 02:21 PM
:D Hopefully that's all it is. I'll be keeping an eye on her.

Good observations. She's in good hands.

Mix
10-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Quick update - her eyes stayed cloudy for a couple of days, then the next day (wednesday night) she shed perfectly. :)
The next day (yesterday) she actually ate, too, so I'm really pleased all in all.

guidofatherof5
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Great. Glad everything turned out OK.