PDA

View Full Version : Photo Albums?

Andy
09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi
I've read how to make an album, but I don't have the link in my user cp?? Do you have to make a certain number of posts before its activated?

Thanks

Andy
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Its ok, I sorted it:)

Stefan-A
09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
So, what did you do to sort it?

Andy
09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi
Well i couldn't find the "Photo & Album" link in my user cp, but guidofatherof5 said to just go to the gallery tab and do it from there.......problem solved:D

ConcinusMan
09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I found it kind of clunky and not very user friendly. I just put my favorite photos on imageshack and hotlink them to my garters thread. I prefer that.

guidofatherof5
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
I found it kind of clunky and not very user friendly. I just put my favorite photos on imageshack and hotlink them to my garters thread. I prefer that.

I've found just the opposite.
It's nice having it on the forum.
Posting photos to another website means if you lose that website your photos won't appear in the threads.
It's all personal preference.:)

ConcinusMan
09-23-2010, 01:54 PM
I've never had that problem with imageshack in all the years I've been using it. Can't say the same for this forum. It's kinda funny you mention that. It's only happened to me with photos I uploaded to this forum. They're all gone.:cool:

I know that's an isolated indecent though. Not really trying to bash the forum for it. It just happened to occur right after I spent hours uploading and organizing my photo albums. Just never bothered to try it again.

Heck, I can't even find my own photo albums in here half the time when they are there. It would be nice if there was a link in each persons profile, linking to their photo albums.

Andy
09-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Haha....I do upload all my photos to Photobucket, never got on with imageshac.

ConcinusMan
09-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I had way too many problems with photobucket. Like replacing my images with advertisements when hotlinking and limiting the bandwidth I can use. Never had such issues with imageshack. It's much, much better IMHO.