PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to Guidofatherof5

Tyrel26
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm sure most everyone here knows that Steve (guidofatherof5) is a one of a kind person; but for the new members that do not know this yet you will find it out very quickly. As I had posted a while back I had a mite problem and it was the first time ever! After posting Steve offered to send me a partial can of mite spray he had, free of charge, and he did just that. I live in Canada and he in the states and I have never met this guy, but I would certainly like to, and he was kind enough to do this for me.

I received the mite spray today and will be using it asap to make sure the mites are totally gone. Another thing is that he won't even tell me the shipping cost so I can at least pay him that much, but I'll find that out lol.

I just wanted to say thank you to Steve and make sure his kindness was recognized. People like him are the reason I am on this forum.

If anyone else would like to thank this guy for anything he has done feel free to do so here. I am sure if they could type there would be thousands of garters adding their thanks to this post lol.

Thanks again Steve!

kibakiba
09-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Steve is one of a kind. He's got a very kind and loving heart :) He's always very helpful in his posts and of course he helps lots and lots of snakes. He's Super Steve! The snake rescuer! (and all round extremely helpful person) :D

justme
09-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't post often but when I do, Steve is either the first or only person to respond! He treats everyone on this forum like family. Really amazing guy who not only gives advice but encouragement as well! ;-)

guidofatherof5
09-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Tyrel,
Thank you for your kind words. My mother taught me to be helpful with my life and I am respecting her in the way I live.
I'm glad that I am able to help.

Snakers
09-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Very nice save, Steve!

infernalis
09-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Steve is one cool guy.. that's indisputable.

ConcinusMan
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll just go ahead and thank him again for the advice that recently saved the life of a tiny albino radix I have. Pingping is looking good, eating well, and back to his old self.

Also, I had 11 baby concinnus that were not eating, or barely eating and they are very thin and not growing. I can't get live guppies here. I offered them to Steve to see if he could save them and he was kind enough to pay for the shipping. Well, I think those babies were playing me for a fool. They arrived at the ranch today (I think that's what they wanted) and every one of them ate for him. Those little boogers played me!

Thanks for paying for the shipping and thanks for saving those little guys.:D

I think they're going to be just fine now:)

guidofatherof5
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Time will only tell. A couple of months from now I will be much more confident.
Most ate guppies tonight and the others ate worm chunks.
I will be working on getting them all switched to worms and eventually pinky parts.

ConcinusMan
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
And a few days ago I offered them fish, then I tried worms, then I tried pinkies...

And as usual, most showed no interest. I think they know how to read and have been reading over my shoulder about the ranch, then they all conspired against me so I'd send them to you.:p

guidofatherof5
09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
The truth be known, they have been sending me PM's as this was a conspiracy.
I'm surprised only 11 made it out. We had planned a much bigger escape.

ConcinusMan
09-09-2010, 01:07 AM
The truth be known, they have been sending me PM's as this was a conspiracy.
I'm surprised only 11 made it out. We had planned a much bigger escape.

Yeah, they tried for 15 but I fought them off. Heck, if 11 snakes make it out to the ranch and win, how I can complain about that? If they win, I'm happy about it.:D

I want pics and perhaps some video updates... often.;)

drache
09-09-2010, 04:46 AM
you go, Steve!
I too got my first partial can of provent-a-mite from a kind fellow herp keeper, and I handed a later partial can off to a youngster with mite problems
when you turn over your one of your partial cans of provent-a-mite to the next generation herp keeper, you will have participated fully in the provent-a-mite circle of life

PINJOHN
09-09-2010, 04:48 AM
put me down in the steve supporters club he is easily the nicest guy i,ve never met and im positive my opinion would be the same should i have met him face to face i remember john wayne getting some very special medal from the president and i think steve is the perfect role model for the US of A so i put him forward for that same medal [do you think they will let us english vote]
dont ever change steve

guidofatherof5
09-09-2010, 05:40 AM
you go, Steve!
I too got my first partial can of provent-a-mite from a kind fellow herp keeper, and I handed a later partial can off to a youngster with mite problems
when you turn over your one of your partial cans of provent-a-mite to the next generation herp keeper, you will have participated fully in the provent-a-mite circle of life

Very cool. I had no idea.;)

mustang
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
sorry to ruin it but i hope i dont EVER need it

guidofatherof5
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
We all hope you never need it.;)

Tyrel26
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I hope your snakes don't ever need it either lol

kibakiba
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Well no one would hope your snake gets mites! It's just for if they do, it's always great to help someone keep their snake healthy :)

guidofatherof5
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
The one thing that has kept me on this forum is the fact it is a worldwide community with a concern for garter snakes(and many other animals). Members wanting only the best for the snakes and their care givers.
I think is is really cool the way garter snakes have brought us together.
It's that Garter Snake magic.

kibakiba
09-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Indeed it is. Th other forms I was on didn't care at all about theirs it seemed and they weren't helpful at all. The wonderful community here made me want to stay. Besides, everyone is so helpful and nice. It's hard not to love you guys :D You've all taught me more than I could have ever learned anywhere else :)

mustang
09-23-2010, 07:02 PM
oohhh its magic
ya know garter snakes rule
ohh its magic
ya know
im actually a baratone!
(sorry couldt resist im base and tener yay)

infernalis
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
oohhh its magic
ya know garter snakes rule
ohh its magic
ya know
im actually a baratone!
(sorry couldt resist im base and tener yay)
.................................................. ..................................................

It's magic, you know
Never believe, it's not so

Never been awake
without my garter snake
crawling on my pillow in the morning
Lazy day in bed
snakies in my head
Crazy radix playing in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so

Spankenstyne
09-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Count me in as a bigtime Steve supporter, great guy. Hope to meet the gentleman one day.

kibakiba
09-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't everyone here want to meet Steve? I mean, who doesn't like him? Steve's a wonderful person. :D

ConcinusMan
09-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey, back off. You're just after his awesome garter snakes and I was already... shoot. nevermind. :p:p:p

kibakiba
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Nah, I'd like to meet them but I wouldn't want to own them. I wouldn't be able to provide them the quality care that he gives them. I also would love to meet such an awesome person as I haven't met anybody so kind and caring in my area.

ConcinusMan
09-25-2010, 12:18 AM
OK, you win. I fold.:o