PDA

View Full Version : Building a new home

Ironpriest88
09-02-2010, 02:40 AM
So, I decided that instead of buying a tank for my snakes, I thought it would be fun to actually build one. So, I drew up some plans and am going to be checking with my dad with them.

If he gives it the OK, it is going to be a rather big tank 16x54x16 to be exact! Supposedly it will be almost 60 gallons of space. So I figured, since I wanted to make one, I might as well make one that will be a nice footer to my bed!

I plan on using a big ol piece of plywood for just about the entire thing. The front however, I want half of it to be covered in plexiglass that I can slide to the side for entry, and the other side to be covered in like, wire mesh. Should I paint or do anything to the wood or just leave it as is? (I am going to try for sanded down plywood).

I currently only have 2 dekayi's, but with all this space, I may be able to con my way into something else. Would a garter or two live happily with a pair of dekai's?

guidofatherof5
09-02-2010, 05:31 AM
I use scrubable latex paint (Home Depot's best) on all my wood enclosures. It seems to be working fine.