PDA

View Full Version : Reptile Radio Show about Garters

Jeff B
08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey just want to let you guys know that I will be the featured guest talking about garter snakes on Reptile Radio this saturday night 8/21/2010 at midnight eastern time. For those that don't know Reptile Radio is an internet radio show on blogtalk, it is a very popular radio show in the reptile community.
It should be a good opportunity to promote garter snakes in the reptile hobby community, I hope I will represent well, wish me luck.

BUSHSNAKE
08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
as long as you dont call em "itsy bitsy" i think youll be ok

guidofatherof5
08-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Just don't promote them too much.:rolleyes: Let's keep the family small and controlled:D
The sad part is many will close their minds the minute they hear the words "garter snake".

I'm looking forward to listening. Go get 'em Jeff.:)
Could you post a link to the website? Thanks.

MasSalvaje
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
as long as you dont call em "itsy bitsy" i think youll be ok

Or refer to them as "Gardner Snakes."

What ever you have planned, you should probably dumb it down a little for the boid people out there.:D

-Thomas

ConcinusMan
08-17-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd love to hear it. Do I need to register or prepare in any way to listen to it? I mean, give some details on how I can make sure I get to hear it. I'm not real clear on that. Website is kinda confusing.

MasSalvaje
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Just google reptile radio and it is the first result. They have it live, or post it later so you can download it and listen to it when you want.

-Thomas

Jeff B
08-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Or refer to them as "Gardner Snakes."

What ever you have planned, you should probably dumb it down a little for the boid people out there.:D

-Thomas

Yeah, Gardner is one of my pet peeves, lol people say it all the time to me, "why would you breed gardner snakes?"

Don't worry dumbing it down that won't be a problem at all for me, duh, huh, huh, duh......awwwh shucks. Remember I'm from Iowa:D

Here's the link Steve:
Reptile Radio | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio)

I have a very hard time saying no when people ask me to do something for them or help them out, God help me for saying yes to this one!
Nawh just kidding it sould be a great time, Larry and BT (the hosts) are great, easy going guys, so hopefully they won't beat me up too bad.:eek::)

drache
08-17-2010, 04:59 PM
whenever anyone refers to them gardener snakes, it always reminds me of the movie "Being There" because of Chauncey the gardener
by the time you're on, I'll be in deep sleep, but I'm going to check it out after
it looks like they archive everything
have a great time and tell everyone to buy cb

Lulu Bennett
08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Good luck with that fella, if i am able to then i will catch it live, if not then i will listen to it the next day. Hope all goes well xxx

ssssnakeluvr
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
that's awesome!!! will have to listen to it!! may be later after it is downloaded. have fun!!!

ConcinusMan
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Just google reptile radio and it is the first result. They have it live, or post it later so you can download it and listen to it when you want.

-Thomas

Well duh, I already found the site.:cool: The question was how to find that specific broadcast.:confused: I'm guessing anyone can listen? I don't need to register? I noticed there are several "stations" but I'm having a hard time figuring out what is ads and what is not. I don't even know where to start. Nevermind. I'm sure somebody will point me in the right direction when the broadcast happens, or where I can download it afterwards.:D

Jeff B
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
They haven't posted the show yet, it's still in "to be anounced" status. When the time comes I believe there will be a "LISTEN IN" or "LISTEN LIVE" button that you just click on. There is no signing in or anthing, it's open for anyone to listen to. Otherwise, it you miss it live, the shows are recorded and archived and available to download and listen to FOREVER, lol which means if I say something stupid, or inaccurate, or totally bomb the show, you guys can listen and laugh at me over and over again...FOEVER :eek::eek::D

guidofatherof5
08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
They haven't posted the show yet, it's still in "to be anounced" status. When the time comes I believe there will be a "LISTEN IN" or "LISTEN LIVE" button that you just click on. There is no signing in or anthing, it's open for anyone to listen to. Otherwise, it you miss it live, the shows are recorded and archived and available to download and listen to FOREVER, lol which means if I say something stupid, or inaccurate, or totally bomb the show, you guys can listen and laugh at me over and over again...FOEVER :eek::eek::D

That makes achieving a very good thing:D Oh wait. I meant for the listening forever part.
Not the mistake, stupid, inaccurate, bomb and embarrass yourself statement part.:rolleyes::D

ConcinusMan
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
...and listen to FOREVER, lol which means if I say something stupid, or inaccurate, or totally bomb the show, you guys can listen and laugh at me over and over again...FOEVER :eek::eek::D

Awesome! looking forward to you putting your foot in your mouth then. Don't disappoint us!:p

Jeff B
08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
The ad is up on Reptile Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio)for the show saturday night, click on the reptile radio to check it out.
or here is the site link to check it out:
Reptile Radio | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio)

guidofatherof5
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Just finished listening to the recorded program. Sorry I couldn't stay up for the live version.
You did a great job Jeff.
Thanks for representing the garter snake community so well.
I especially enjoyed that fact you talked about the different garter snake personalities.
They are a special animal that so many people miss out on.
Thanks again.

drache
08-27-2010, 04:58 AM
I must be doing something wrong - I cannot figure out how to start the actual show
I got the picture of Jeff's snake, but the audio seems to be of some kind of auction, and there is no play button

guidofatherof5
08-27-2010, 06:43 AM
You doing everything right Rhea. There is a long bit of talking before it gets to Jeff.
I thought the same thing when I first tried to listen. It's over 5 minutes before they get to Jeff. There is even a section where they break away from the interview with Jeff, talk about the auction then come back and finish with Jeff.

Jeff B
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the kinds words Steve, I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I hope that it reached a lot of snake people that aren't really into garters, that maybe they might take a look or consider garters too, as they really are underappreciated and undervalued in the hobby in general, but hopefully the show helped to reach out to the rest of the reptile community and gain some interest. One good sign is that I was flooded with emails this week from people who listened to the show and either had questions or expressed new interest in keeping garters. I think the show went well (even though I skirted the question about locality a bit, since I'm all about the morphs and not so much the locality pure aspect;) no disrespect to those that do, it certainly has its merits) and it was a fun to talk about garters for an hour, heck I do that all the time anyway. :)

guidofatherof5
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Jeff, maybe you could post some of the questions asked through the emails.
I'd be interested in hearing some. Just a thought:rolleyes:

Stefan-A
08-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Is the show still available somewhere?

guidofatherof5
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM