PDA

View Full Version : hi!new here and i have been bit!

otis lee
04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
hi everyone!i just found this forum and i had no idea there was so many of us garter foke.i found only garters as a kid and i got a rush every time i fliped one.could of just been the site of a snake but it was a rush.i got into herps about 5 or 6 years ago and have had it all.i got my first albino checkered garter at a show in ohio 4 years ago.after that i started getting some wc eastern!i found a prego female first and about a week later i was showing my snakes to a freind and when we got to the wc there was a tank full of babys,i was stoked.secound a freind found me a lg blue,blue female from southern ky.then a kid found about 15 garters behind the local pet shop and tryed to give them to me.well i pick out a med male that was even more blue than the lg female,and let the rest go.i was hoping to breed some ky blue grass easterns! the male had skabs/blisters and lasted about a month and passed.the female i had for about a year and she got out of a tank i left the clips off of.and thats just the start of getting into thies really cool snakes!i have a few ball pythons hets/dinkers,all 3 of the blood/short tail pythons,western hog nose, and checkered/eastern garters.all and some very cool american toads!\

0.1.1 albino Xereds
1.1 het albino Xereds
1.1 eastern 0.1 is wc albino boyle,ky

2.2 red blood pythons
1.2 black bloods
2.1 borneo bloods

4 western hogs

60 +or- ball pythons

toads i will post pics of later!! RIP calico leucistic

you will all be seeing alot more of me here.this forum is just what i was looking for to help me with my desire of get more and more garters. i think scott felzer passed this sickness to us all!!LOL

mikm
04-18-2007, 10:51 AM
hello, welcome & you have certainly found the right place for all stuff garter, lol !!

enjoy,
marian

adamanteus
04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi Otis, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

Stefan-A
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Well, welcome aboard (again?). :)

Odie
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Otis, how is it going mon.

Sid
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the forum from South Carolina Otis. You'll find a lot of useful info here.

Sid

Snaky
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
A welcome from Belgium to:)

Cazador
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Greetings from Alaska, Otis. I hope you enjoy the time you spend at thamnophis.com.

Rick

drache
04-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi Otis
welcome from Brooklyn, NY
nice to meet you - and what a collection!

suzoo
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi otis! Welcome from Missouri!
I had this "sickness" long before I had ever heard of Scott Felzer! Started as a kid and never outgrew it. If anything, just got worse!! And I'm a 40 year old woman!! lol

stonyloam
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Otis: Can you submit a photo of your "blue" garter. I would love to see if it is similar to my "blue" one. Welcome, lots of great folks here.

otis lee
04-20-2007, 06:14 AM
yes, its at its worsted in the spring time for me!thanks for the great replys !!

GarterGuy
04-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Howdy and welcome to the forum Otis. Nice collection you've got there. Will be very interested in how your breeding attempts go with the KY blue easterns.
Roy

Thamnophis
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Otis, welcome here (from the Netherlands)