PDA

View Full Version : A little help

zooplan
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
although I was not very busy in the forum for a few weeks
I want to ask you for your support:

You ´ve heard about the Neisse floods?

A small zoo at the eastern border of Germany, Tierpark Zittau, was flooded. About 40 animals died although the zookeepers and friends risked thier lives for rescue bids. The damage at buildings and enclosures is not countable yet but enormous because the water is still in the park.

This tragedy was only a small note even in German newscasts.

The zoo needs more publicity to get the needed help !

Please tell it to your friends, post it to other forums and use the link to the zoo on my homepage

www.zooplan.net (http://www.zooplan.net)

guidofatherof5
08-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Consider it done, Udo.

ConcinusMan
08-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Posting to facebook right away. Oh shoot. Any chance of getting a link to an English version of that page?

zooplan
08-11-2010, 08:40 AM
no, sorry.

It´s a little zoo, and they have too less staff.
They would need websites in Polish and Czech too.
The water came very quickly.
Maybe the biggest lost were ten llamas, that were trained for trekking with people.

ConcinusMan
08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
OK, now this is weird. Right after viewing this thread again, I got a pop-under ad for translation software.

zooplan
08-12-2010, 11:59 PM
There are a lot of wierd actions in the internet!

Please use the link to the zoo on my homepage and tell it to your friends, post it to other forums

www.zooplan.net (http://www.zooplan.net)

Your visits from all over the world will raise the zoo´s websites in search results of all search engines and may help them to get more visitors when the park is reopened!

zooplan
11-10-2010, 07:51 AM
The zoo lost at least 48 animals and
had to close for 48 days.
Since sebtember 25th Tierpark Zittau is open again.
Lots of citizens and zookeepers from other zoos helped with cleaning and rebuilding what the flood had smashed.
Last weekend they´ve got further 54 000 Euro help from their government but the damage was estimated at about 300 000 Euro ( but I know those are only costs for lost machines etc.)
There´s still a lot of work to do, and restoration will last for at least one year.

gregmonsta
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Wow!!! What a nightmare. Crossing fingers that the Zoo manages to pull through!!!