PDA

View Full Version : New for sale/wanted suggestion

ConcinusMan
08-03-2010, 02:39 AM
It would be nice if we could just delete our for sale/wanted posts when they are no longer necessary. Is it feasable to give the original poster of such an ad, the ability to delete it himself? If not, is it practical to request that forum moderators delete such a post?

I have no need for any ad current ad I have anymore, but it persists and I keep getting PM's even though I replied to my own ad and said the offerings are no longer available.:cool:

I know that this is not a marketplace but it is nice to be able to offer to fellow forum users first. I just can't seem to make it so that the offer is no longer available.(delete the offer post)

kibakiba
08-03-2010, 02:46 AM
I do have to agree with that, as it'd get confusing and disappointing to find a great ad, only to find it was posted a long time ago and is no longer available.

drache
08-03-2010, 05:03 AM
I think it's always possible to update the thread with a post in the end, saying "all sold"
of course that only works for people who read entire threads before they respond to the first post
oh, and it does mean that people need to maintain their sales threads

Ameivaboy
08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I think there should be a script that deletes the sale ads after 30 days- if a user still has the item they can simply re list it

ConcinusMan
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, like craigslist.