PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Problem Observation

bkhuff1s
07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Have any of you guys had a garter that appeared to have jaw problem? On one of my smaller garters' seems to having problems with one side of the bottom jaw impairing it's ability swallow? Not sure if anyone has experience with this? He's never had a problem before that I've witnessed.

guidofatherof5
07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Have any of you guys had a garter that appeared to have jaw problem? On one of my smaller garters' seems to having problems with one side of the bottom jaw impairing it's ability swallow? Not sure if anyone has experience with this? He's never had a problem before that I've witnessed.

Is there an outward injury site or swollen area?

bkhuff1s
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Nothing. I watched him try to yawn for a few minutes, but seemed to be having trouble. After a few minutes he managed to get his mouth open. One side looked fine the whole time, but one side seemed to be giving him trouble

bkhuff1s
07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
After watching closely, it looks like one side of the mouth isn't closing all the way. It could be from swelling it will not yawn at me so I can see in. Any idea's?

guidofatherof5
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
If he's still eating you could wait and see what happens or get it into a Vet.

ConcinusMan
07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
There's way too many things that can cause that. It would help if you get a good look at the inside of his mouth, so you can rule out some of the possibilities.