PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Awful!

Snakeknot
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I was snake sitting for a teen-aged friend of mine while she was on vacation with her boyfriend this week. So I go to her house to feed her small collection of corns, ( mostly babies. ) and I found one dead.:eek: So I thought the responsible thing to do would be to call her and tell her. Well I guess I should have waited until she got home because she burst out in tears and started bawling on the phone. GAWD! I feel like I did it! I did NOT expect that reaction! I feel like such a heel. It was her favorite baby. ( Mine too but that's beside the point! ):(

Devon

guidofatherof5
06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
You were simply being responsible. I would have done the same thing.
You had no idea she would react that way.
Feeling bad for her reactions is normal but don't take responsibility for her reaction.

drache
06-30-2010, 04:13 AM
I've thought about how to handle stuff like that, and it's just never easy
I'm not sure that waiting to tell her would have been better - probably about the same amount of grief

Mommy2many
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
You had to tell her, regardless of where she was. As stated above, you are not responsible for her reaction. Sorry you had to do that for your friend.

Stefan-A
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
It was the right thing to do. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Snakeknot
06-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not a parent so I'm kinda not sure how to properly deal with a teen's grief. I just feel so BAD for her!

Devon