PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Snake

Tyrel26
06-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Im sure some of you have already seen this guy on kingsnake.com but I figured Id add the link here to see what you guys think. Is this really a new morph?

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1821392,1821392

guidofatherof5
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Very interesting snake.

ConcinusMan
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, weird. Can't even figure out if it really is a garter or just an unusual dekay's. Maybe both?:eek:

ssssnakeluvr
06-15-2010, 11:17 PM
it's an aberrant eastern garter. kind of a granite pattern

Jeff B
06-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I've seen more pics and close up's of the head, pretty sure it is eastern, but no garantee. Several bidders, I was one of them, but not sure who got it, must have went for a pretty penny, or not, sounded like the guy didn't want to ship but prefered a local pickup? Guess it wasn't me who got it, lol:D

Stefan-A
06-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Who wants to guess what I think about the snake's appearance? Bonus points if you can guess how I would describe it.

ps. Not giving a crap about what I think, is okay, too.

mustang
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
looks the one shannon used to have then died and her brother found another one like it! il look for the thread

Mommy2many
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Who wants to guess what I think about the snake's appearance? Bonus points if you can guess how I would describe it.

I would like to know. I'm not knowledgable enough for the bonus points, though:D

mustang
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM

youd describe it correctly or close to it:D i passed enviormental with a bunchh of xtra credit (not all needed though but i like the overall b average!

ConcinusMan
06-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Stefan, I don't want to guess what you think but I do want to hear it.

Quibble
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Stefan thinks its UGLY!!! Bonus points attempt: Hideous and gross looking! :D

ConcinusMan
06-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh, that. His opinion on that matter doesn't count. He thinks is wanderings are pretty. I find them almost repulsive looking.

mustang
06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
somthing like a hypo eastern? that is what i was thinkn earlier and still do unless corrected.

Jeff B
06-17-2010, 12:24 AM
I agree with Don, it looks to me to be basically the same gene as the granite in the checkered. I hate the term "hypo" generally meant to be shorthand slang for hypomelanistic, it is so misused and overused. Many of the reduced pattern morphs have the secondary effect of less melanin visible, but that doesn't mean the snake can't effectively produce melanin.

Jeff B
06-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Stephen I understand and respect your lack of enthusiasm to the new, rare circus freaks when they are found, and while they might not win the garter beauty pageant by the "normal" perceived beauty standards, perhaps those of us that relish in the rare circus freaks, are simply celebrating our metaphoric reflection in the mirror.:D

Hollis_Steed
06-17-2010, 07:44 AM
C'mon now! That's like telling someone that their child is ugly! I love my wanderings! :)

Oh, that. His opinion on that matter doesn't count. He thinks is wanderings are pretty. I find them almost repulsive looking.

mustang
06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Stephen I understand and respect your lack of enthusiasm to the new, rare circus freaks when they are found, and while they might not win the garter beauty pageant by the "normal" perceived beauty standards, perhaps those of us that relish in the rare circus freaks, are simply celebrating our metaphoric reflection in the mirror.:D
ooo metaphor x2 nice creative and well said