PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot

guidofatherof5
06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Tonight in the big snake room I was doing some spot, treat feeding. I was having trouble locating my lone Wandering so I employed the use of a flash lite. She was located and all was fine. I watched back over to put the flash lite in its charger when I saw the tail of a baby radix sticking out from under the foam pad that is on the floor. I thought to myself, what a silly little radix trying to hide from me. I pulled the foam pad away from the wall and instead of finding 1 baby radix, I found 3.
It felt like I hit the lottery, well maybe not that good. The 3 little scrubs were in great shape but were thirsty. I'm pretty sure they belong to a momma who gave birth in one of my big enclosures. Those converted computer server boxes aren't baby escape proof. This I learned quickly. The little scrubs have been out and one their own for about 3 week.
I put them in with their sibling and called it a good night.

Going herping around here is easy. I never have to leave my house.:D

Atlas511
06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
lucky duck!!! cool story

drache
06-11-2010, 03:38 AM
good thing you found them

Snaky
06-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Nice finds ;)

Mommy2many
06-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Great find! Hope all are well.

infernalis
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Glad you did not step on them. ;)

you have all the luck.

Mommy2many
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
How do I get snakes to show up in my basement?
Or at the door?
Or my yard for that matter?
I am soooo jealous:D

Napta
06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
A converted computer server boxe... my first vivarium is one.
But my little little female infernalis was early break and stayed trapped in the structure of one week. I did not realize she had passed by or.
So now more holes (all joints have been chewed), but she has big problems of the vertebrae, increases with age.

Napta

guidofatherof5
06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
A converted computer server boxe... my first vivarium is one.
But my little little female infernalis was early break and stayed trapped in the structure of one week. I did not realize she had passed by or.
So now more holes (all joints have been chewed), but she has big problems of the vertebrae, increases with age.

Napta

I would love to see a picture of yours.
These are mine. This is the double set. I have a single next to it.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/en.jpg

Odie
06-11-2010, 02:44 PM
How do I get snakes to show up in my basement?
Or at the door?
Or my yard for that matter?
I am soooo jealous:D
OK, I don't have a basement :rolleyes::o
But I am on board for the rest :D

mustang
06-18-2010, 06:11 PM
steve tell quetzalcuatl to send some our way

guidofatherof5
06-18-2010, 08:32 PM
steve tell quetzalcuatl to send some our way

I lost my contact number:D

To be honest I had to look this up. I had no idea. Thanks for the education:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 08:52 AM
We saw our first wild garter this morning! She was outside the front step in the plants. Erin saw her first and then we couldn't find her. About 15 minutes later, Erin saw her again and I was able to catch her. Sorry no pics but she was a sub-adult , dark colored Eastern. Feisty! She chewed on my hand and musked me basically from head to toe! I had to change my clothes! We put her back where she was and placed some silversides on a dish for her. Will check back later to see if she was interested.

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 10:02 AM
We saw our first wild garter this morning! She was outside the front step in the plants. Erin saw her first and then we couldn't find her. About 15 minutes later, Erin saw her again and I was able to catch her. Sorry no pics but she was a sub-adult , dark colored Eastern. Feisty! She chewed on my hand and musked me basically from head to toe! I had to change my clothes! We put her back where she was and placed some silversides on a dish for her. Will check back later to see if she was interested.

That is great news. Be careful not to spoil her.:D I've heard doing that will cause other wild ones to come around. Can't remember where I heard that.:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Hhhmm. Spoil the snake. Attract more snakes. That's a bad thing, why???:D

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Hhhmm. Spoil the snake. Attract more snakes. That's a bad thing, why???:D

I'm sorry if it was stated like a negative. It's a good thing.:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
More snakes, always a good thing. Even if they chew:D

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 08:58 PM
More snakes, always a good thing. Even if they chew:D

Mo snakes, mo good:D

I wish I had more snakes around, in, on my place.:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Steve,

Perhaps a rooftop resort? I don't think we have explored that option yet.:rolleyes:

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Steve,

Perhaps a rooftop resort? I don't think we have explored that option yet.:rolleyes:

Great idea. Thanks.

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 09:14 PM
No problem! I can see it now... lounge chairs, small wading pools, cabana service...Is your roof flat? If not , we need to accomodate the future guests. Perhaps the gutters could be converted into lazy rivers, the asphalt shingles a basking lounge...

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 09:25 PM
No problem! I can see it now... lounge chairs, small wading pools, cabana service...Is your roof flat? If not , we need to accomodate the future guests. Perhaps the gutters could be converted into lazy rivers, the asphalt shingles a basking lounge...

Slow down, slow down. I'm trying to get this written down.:D

Good stuff, partner.:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Not a problem. I've got plans, you've got funding, right???

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Not a problem. I've got plans, you've got funding, right???

Well,................I'll have to get back to you on that.

I assumed otherwise. Me being a poor almost retired guy.:D

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Not a problem! We'll go the Woman owned small business route. Lotsa funding there. Also, maybe endangered species, I'm sure we can play that up too! Not much revenue gonna be brought in but how bout this: keeping the youth off the streets? Educating the young, I'm sure we can put some kind of twist on this and come up with a life skill of some sort:D

guidofatherof5
06-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Not a problem! We'll go the Woman owned small business route. Lotsa funding there. Also, maybe endangered species, I'm sure we can play that up too! Not much revenue gonna be brought in but how bout this: keeping the youth off the streets? Educating the young, I'm sure we can put some kind of twist on this and come up with a life skill of some sort:D

Considering the way our country wastes money we're assured of a few million, maybe more.

Mommy2many
06-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Good! Gotta plan!