PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Change

guidofatherof5
06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I have a red phase radix named "Red", go figure. Red has been on the Ranch for 3 years and was a wild caught snake from my backyard. Red has always been a real strange eater. She has never bred and has never shown any signs of it happening. Usually, coming out of brumation means she will not eat for another 2-3 months. Then she will eat fine but not aggressive. She has never really warmed up to captive life and a few times I considered returning her to the wild. About 2 month before brumation she stops eating and the cycle starts over again. She has grown while on the Ranch but not like many of my other female. This year was no exception to Red's rule.
Now, here's the change. Once she started eating this year she was a changed snake. She is aggressive and also comes out to greet me with the others. When it is a feeding time she is one of the first snakes to push to the front and she not shy about fighting over something. She is also putting on some size.
This thread isn't a complaint but I do think it's surprising how it took 3 years for her to be normal, if that's the right word.
I did have a fecal done on her and she was clean.
She's not a high red but she is a pretty girl. I'll get a few new photos and post them tomorrow.

Tyrel26
06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
ok its tomorrow...wheres the pics?? lol

guidofatherof5
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
ok its tomorrow...wheres the pics?? lol

Pushy, pushy, pushy. I'll get right on it.:D

Tyrel26
06-09-2010, 10:26 AM
haha well when it comes to pics we both know how "pushy" you can be lol

guidofatherof5
06-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Me, pushy. I thought I was always over interested.:D

Here you go. Sorry it took so long:D This is my pretty girl, Red.

Thanks for the reminder about the photo. I had forgotten.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/red2.jpghttp://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/red12.jpg

Tyrel26
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Over interested...hmmm... that will work lol

she is a beauty! too bad she doesn't breed. Very healthy looking too

Have you tried lighting candles and playing some Barry White? some girls like that kinda thing lol

guidofatherof5
06-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Over interested...hmmm... that will work lol

she is a beauty! too bad she doesn't breed. Very healthy looking too

Have you tried lighting candles and playing some Barry White? some girls like that kinda thing lol

I haven't. Does it work?:D It does sound like the voice of experience talking.

Something tells me next year or even late this Fall I may see a breeding change in her.
Whether she ever breeds or not she's here for the duration.

ConcinusMan
06-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Yup, that's a radix alright.:p

oki-inu
06-17-2010, 01:48 AM
She's a great looking snake.

infernalis
06-17-2010, 02:16 AM
She's a pretty lady Steve.

mustang
06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
well i always point this out. "what is normal" if its what everyone else is then how would we be different. short answer is were all differently normal...
specificly to my awsome school this quote fits well
"we go insane to stay sane" -M*A*S*H
this snake conforming to the norm may mean gonna try some stunt on you....watch YOUR pinky! :)
cool lookn snake breed her and her multi personality disorder lol