PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio.

Nafun
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't actually have any garter snakes... yet. But I'm getting a melanistic this summer (hopefully!). I grew up with a back yard full of garter snakes and they got me into herpetology. I'd have more snakes, but I have a wife... and she put a cap on me.

Stefan-A
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard. :)

guidofatherof5
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice to have you with us.

Hollis_Steed
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi Ohio from Utah! Welcome

ConcinusMan
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Welcome. Heck, we can't hardly keep up with all the new members this time of year!

bkhuff1s
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Welcome, I tried to send you a PM, but I couldn't find a link to it. My Puget Sound should be popping any day now.

ConcinusMan
06-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Would that be a blue puget?

infernalis
06-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Welcome, I tried to send you a PM, but I couldn't find a link to it. My Puget Sound should be popping any day now.

He has to make a few posts for the PM option to start working.

http://www.thamfriends.com/mat.jpg

gregmonsta
06-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Greetings :D

bkhuff1s
06-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Yes my blue girl. She's hasn't been able to sit still for quite a while now. Day 72.

Mommy2many
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Welcome!

Laura
06-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome :D

ConcinusMan
06-08-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't actually have any garter snakes... yet.

Stick around and you will. Lots of wonderful snakes being produced by lots of wonderful people here. You're sure to end up with some garters. I might suggest that you get a sweet T. radix first. I got Amy (my albino radix) first this year, since I was "garterless" and she won over everyone's heart in my family, and they aren't too keen on snakes. A sweet radix or T.s. concinnus might do the same for your wife!:D

My girlfriend swore she'd leave me if I get anymore snakes. Amy changed her mind.

Now I have 10 garters and she's OK with it:rolleyes:

infernalis
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I already put that bug in him long before he signed up here. ;)

bringing in some new recruits...

ConcinusMan
06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I've had people on youtube commenting on my (concinnus) videos wanting to know where they can get some garters like that. I just point them in the direction of this forum.

mustang
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I already put that bug in him long before he signed up here. ;)

bringing in some new recruits...
you too lol i tell people at school about this all the time...not that many care:(...but some do:D....but most dont:(...oh well theyre not good enough for this forum! hope some of the loud obnocious (prob not spelled right sounds ob-noct-sh-us) freshmen get stomatis...oh crud now theyre sophmores...well hopefully theyle still honor the first comandment "thalt shall honor theye upperclassmen" but hey i got some people to look at the site and some who learned from me! so i think im doin ok ....but none joined except colby cuz he was scifair partner...but he dosnt get on much more... wow what a long rant-ish post i could get a scholorship for this one!:rolleyes:

drache
06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
welcome to the forum

Nafun
06-10-2010, 01:20 AM
I had the garter bug before I joined your forums wayne. I grew up chasing garters in my back yard.

My wife does think we have too many animals though. 2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 ferret, 1 mouse, 1 bp, 1 jcp, 1 pueblan milk, 1 california ks, a gerbil breeding population, and a rat breeding population. Add to that, we've got 5 baby painted turtles coming this week, and a tegu reserved. My wife has put the additional pet limit (besides rescues, if she brings home one more animal that I'm not allowed to feed to a snake, I'm going to go mad) at two garters. She wants a puget "a cute little blue snake that I can watch catch fish" she says. I figure what I need is something so adorable and endearing that she lifts the limit for garters.

Nafun
06-10-2010, 01:39 AM

I dunno how many posts I need before I can receive private messages. You can contact me at nafunnufan@yahoo.com

I am very interested.