PDA

View Full Version : Does this disgust anyone else?!!

Laura
05-31-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/lauracellis/kingsnakewhiskey.jpg

This special whiskey (a.k.a. Rice Wine) is infused with a real farm raised Californian King snake, ginseng roots and other herbs. The whiskey is steeped for several months, which then imparts a unique flavour into the drink, giving it an acquired taste. In SE Asia it is beleived to have aphrodisiac properties, however we make no claims to this. Every bottle is unique in its own way so therefore the item purchased may differ slightly in looks but not size.

ssssnakeluvr
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
me!!!!! I don't like it!

Laura
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Seriously, how do people get away with such things without being charged with animal cruelty! I mean I'm all for embracing different cultures and all that jazz but this is just awful :(

Stefan-A
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes and no. Using snakes doesn't move me one way or the other, but that people really seem to think that shoving a snake into a bottle of booze makes it special and that it's an aphrodisiac, does annoy me.

guidofatherof5
05-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Disgust is putting it mildly.

Laura
05-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Exactly, it's like all those poor bears in China caged up like battery hens so they can spear them and harvest their bile for "traditional chinese medicine" Disgusting.

Laura
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
P.s Stefan, the snakes are live when they bottle them :(

Stefan-A
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, that adds one more thing that annoys me.

guidofatherof5
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm afraid I would get arrested or worse if I saw that going on. Cultural differences aside.

Laura
05-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Same goes for me, it's not even like breeding cows for meat, it's destroying animals for the prestige/to piss me off all for a product that I have serious doubts about whether or not it does anything other than getting you drunk or posioning in some way as a result of the poor snakes fermented remains.

/rant

ConcinusMan
05-31-2010, 05:25 PM
I sure as heck wouldn't drink it. Somehow I get the feeling that pickling a live snake in alcohol does nothing for the alcohol and even if it does somehow alter the flavor that is still disgusting. I'm sure the alcohol percentage is high enough to kill germs and whatnot so it doesn't rot but still. EEEWWW.

I mean, look at all that space taken up by the snake that could have been used for more booze. Now that alone is disgusting.:p

Laura
05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Apparently they also do a scorpion wine, perhaps you would be better off with that one as they take up less space :P

infernalis
05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I have seen the same thing done with baby cobras.... YUK.

Dragonfiremule
05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
D: It doesn't disgust me, but it does sadden me. (Actually, I didn't care that much until I saw they were alive as they were bottled. ) The live bottling thing is horrible.

jitami
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Ugh.

infernalis
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
D: It doesn't disgust me, but it does sadden me. (Actually, I didn't care that much until I saw they were alive as they were bottled. ) The live bottling thing is horrible.

Try this on for size, if the snake was stuffed into that bottle alive, how much musk is released into the bottle with the beverage.http://laserpointerforums.com/images/smilies/barf.gif

ConcinusMan
05-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, if that booze is made from rice the musk probably does improve the taste. If you can stomach that crap, a little musk and snake feces would be an improvement.

drache
06-01-2010, 05:16 AM
don't like it at all
the monkey brain thing is worse though
and dog fighting
and some of the things regular people will do to their pets