PDA

View Full Version : weights

dannyj
05-04-2010, 04:37 PM
just wondering what sort of weights your garters are before and at the end of being gravid

My florida blue is piling on the weight and size now im not sure if this is the correct husbandry and care she wasnt getting form previous owner

just a thought:confused:

guidofatherof5
05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
They do tend to put on a lot of weight as they are feeding the extra mouths too. Much will depend on the size and weight of the snake at the time they conceive.
Start charting her weight.
Keep us advised on her progress. Best of luck:)

dannyj
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
well im pretty certain i have a pair - im useless at sexing but looks to me like a pair - they was in a small plastic tank when i got them - now in a nice big 3ftx2ft tank, spot on heating and a nice diet of salmon/trout and pinkies

weighed her today and will continue to do over next few week:confused:

dannyj
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
she looks not much bigger than the pic you posted up somewhere on another thread of your female that produced 4 offspring

guidofatherof5
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
she looks not much bigger than the pic you posted up somewhere on another thread of your female that produced 4 offspring

I wouldn't use that as a rule-of-thumb.
Each snake can be very unique.
Once a week or every other week, It's really up to you on how you keep track of it. If she doesn't mind being handle then go once a week, otherwise twice a week will work.
You want to keep stress to a minimum when they are gravid though.

dannyj
05-04-2010, 05:44 PM
is there any pics anywhere of the 'gaping' vents? cant find any

guidofatherof5
05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
is there any pics anywhere of the 'gaping' vents? cant find any

Explain. Why:confused:

The video of my albino giving birth had some good vent shots.