PDA

View Full Version : Albi'no'

gregmonsta
03-26-2010, 04:35 AM
:rolleyes: Sorry guys, I know they are still garters .... but I just have to say it :o

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK .... not a fan :p

drache
03-26-2010, 04:44 AM
are you referring to any specific ones?
I don't really like most of the ones I've seen either
something about that lavender skin tone just is too reminiscent of frozen or dead naked white person
they're okay when they have lots of other colours

Stefan-A
03-26-2010, 04:56 AM
I concur, but to each his own.

The same applies to snows, axanthics, anerys and erythristics. Nothing beats a "clean" wildform, in my humble opinion. Although that erythristic eastern people have been posting is pretty nice.

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-26-2010, 07:49 AM
erythristic easterns are regularly found in the wild... and if you know where to look so are plains! I think they are more common out there than anyone even knows!

I have to say it too, albinos are not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I have albinos, and I love them, but I prefer my snakes with melanin all the way! That's why you see me acquiring lots of different species and not so much focusing on all the morphs. I like really good looking wild type snakes. I would say the only albino I really think looks impressive is my red sided, because it's a combination of brilliant yellow, bright red, and deep purple. I don't even like PURPLE but it's cool to see a vivid purple on a snake. The albinos I do have, I prefer to keep them at just that, albinos. I don't want to mix them with every morph under the sun because the more morphs you put into a snake, the more color it loses. And a plain white snake doesn't do it for me, so for me if it's albino I need it to be colorful for it to be appealing! I may produce snows of something down the line, but not really on purpose. I would rather have a melanistic eastern, and an albino eastern, separately, than have a snow. The only thing nice about snakes like that are, especially if it's a male, you have good breeding power with one.

It's kind of like in the ball python hobby where they are now producing snakes that are showing 4 different mutations in the same snake, and the more morphs that go into it, the more color and pattern they lose!

Snakers
03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I like all the morphs, In my opinion any morph can be found in the wild, who knows maybe some how a melanistic and an albino crossed in the wild an created a snow we my never be able to find one in the wild but it doesn't mean there not there

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
I like all the morphs, In my opinion any morph can be found in the wild, who knows maybe some how a melanistic and an albino crossed in the wild who knows?

lol!

sorry but I did find that funny only because while not impossible I would bet a large sum of money it's never happened!

Snakers
03-26-2010, 07:56 AM
lol!

sorry but I did find that funny only because while not impossible I would bet a large sum of money it's never happened!:ojust saying;)

guidofatherof5
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I think all the phases are beautiful but for me some of the most striking snakes are the ones found right outside my front door. The natural combinations/surprises are such a pleasure to see in the wild.
I rescued a large group of baby radixes from a small Nebr. town. Of the 23 from the same yard, 1 has turned red.
That's not to say red is so special but it is so eye-catching. I love all the variations of patterns within one color phase, though.

ssssnakeluvr
03-26-2010, 09:03 AM
I love the morphs, but normal garters are awesome too!!! I have been hooked on garters since I was a kid!!!

snakeman
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
are you referring to any specific ones?
I don't really like most of the ones I've seen either
something about that lavender skin tone just is too reminiscent of frozen or dead naked white person
they're okay when they have lots of other colours
Seen a lot of dead naked white people?

infernalis
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
I love them all, it's the variety that makes having so many attractive.

drache
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Seen a lot of dead naked white people?
the ones I've seen in person were too fresh to get the full effect, and preserved parts and photos in medical literature are probably misleading, so I can only tell you what it evokes
but I'm pretty darn white, and that's the colour I turn when I'm so cold it hurts; that bit I can testify to

gregmonsta
03-27-2010, 05:39 AM
:) I do like the other morphs, (anery,etc) ... but it doesn't seem to matter what snake it is either .... if it's an albino pic I'll flick right past it, if it's a mixed litter I'm looking at the 'normals' in the pic .... in shops/at reptile shows I would rather look a the 'dull' normal sitting next to it :rolleyes:. I know everybody's tastes are different ;), but it's a bit like fashion ... it becomes like cornmorphs or royal pythons.

snakeman
03-27-2010, 06:18 AM
I love morphs.But my personal favorite is a really high end red spotted garter.I have seen them with heads redder than most flames.Not in the last 7-8 years though.I would love to find one.

infernalis
03-27-2010, 06:58 AM
One part that I do agree about, A really nice flame should have a black back... The black and red go really well together.

No way I would ever fork over $750 to get an albino flame.

Pugets would look awful without that nice shiny solid black background, Infernalis' would just look wrong without the black bars, Blacknecks would also be ugly as hell without the black markings.

snakeman
03-27-2010, 10:23 AM
One part that I do agree about, A really nice flame should have a black back... The black and red go really well together.

Pugets would look awful without that nice shiny solid black background, Infernalis' would just look wrong without the black bars, Blacknecks would also be ugly as hell without the black markings.
Agreed.I am trying to get that dark canadian black back into my flames.Hopefully I'll get a good brood that I can spread around.

gregmonsta
03-27-2010, 02:46 PM

:rolleyes: no way would I pay that for ANY snake! £100 ('bout 150 dollaroonies) is my limit.

infernalis
03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I won't be "buying" any this year.......

ConcinusMan
03-28-2010, 05:40 AM
I don't care for many albinos myself. I especially don't like snows. Looks dead, or like some kind of worm and you can't hardly tell one species of garter from another.

There are some albinos that are beautiful though, such as those with striking orange, yellow, or red. Of course, this applies to my Amy. It's an old pic though. Seems like the areas lacking melanin have turned more lavender since then, and of course, she's bigger and thicker now. I think she's beautiful.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ssssnakeluvr/DSCF3008-2.jpg

Milk snake albinos can be very visually appealing too.
http://www.unusualalbinosnakes.com/images/albinomilkphase.jpg

infernalis
03-28-2010, 09:42 AM
this one gets prettier with age..

http://www.thamnophis.us/thams/albino.jpg

This is a favorite...

http://www.thamfriends.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=1357

I just wish the orange was red.

ConcinusMan
03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
this one gets prettier with age..

http://www.thamnophis.us/thams/albino.jpg

This is a favorite...

http://www.thamfriends.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=1357

I just wish the orange was red.

Yes, those two types are my favorite too. Also out of my price range. Maybe some day. Amy and her soon to be mate are both het for christmas albino and snow. Some of the first one's started out looking like amy and got the orange later and a few of amy's siblings look like that bottom one. Does the top of the head and eyes go from pink to blood-red when he's eating? amy's does. Freaky.