PDA

View Full Version : Oh happy day

Quibble
03-15-2010, 09:55 PM
This is strangely wonderful. My little Gimpie decided to eat a pinky today. Its her first one, and I've never given her scented anything. Since the day I brought her into my home shes been eating nightcrawlers. I have offered her other foods in the past, but nothing else has ever sparked her interest. It was very shoking to turn around and see this odd feasting, so I just had to snap a picture.
I wonder why she decided this hairless blob was so appealing, just out of the blue.

Im glad though, I've been wasting money on fish bait that dies within four days of buying them. Perhaps the nightcrawlers have been tasting a bit stale to her.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/mouthfull.JPG

guidofatherof5
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
It really is satisfying to get them switched over to pinkies. I love it when a baby takes its first pinky.
There's no turning back now. As long as night crawlers are available make sure you keep some variety on the plate for Gimpie.
Great looking scrub.

gregmonsta
03-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Congrats on creating a pinky muncher :D

drache
03-16-2010, 04:32 AM
congrats - it's like a rite of passage
she's a pretty girl

BUSHSNAKE
03-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Is that a Butlers?....Looks cool!

Mommy2many
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
How old is your snake? I have to give mine pinky parts still. Even the biggest ones aren't big enough to eat a whole pinky.

Quibble
03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Is that a Butlers?....Looks cool!
Yes she is a Butler's, born and raised in MI. She is wild caught and long term captive.

How old is your snake? I have to give mine pinky parts still. Even the biggest ones aren't big enough to eat a whole pinky.
Well I've had her for a year, and she hasnt grown much since I got her, and shes about 38 cm long. So shes at least 3 years old I assume.:D