PDA

View Full Version : Siamese/ 2 headed snakes

VS7
04-01-2007, 12:34 PM
2 Headed Snake Video (http://www.yikers.com/video_2_headed_snake.html)

I've been dying to get my hands on a siamese snake. Especially after I saw the video that I attached. Does anyone have experience with one or know someone who sells them? I heard of a pet store in Minnesota that sold siamese turtles but I forgot what it is called. :cool:

abcat1993
04-01-2007, 12:40 PM
They're REALLY expensive I think. I've seen a couple milk snakes go for over $20,000. Plus they die most of the time which is why you really only see the small ones.
What kind of snake is that? It must love being held because it's not doing anything on that guys hand. And I want that frog it was eating as a pet too.

Stefan-A
04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Somebody should put that snake out of its misery.

VS7
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Somebody should put that snake out of its misery.

:eek: :mad:

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
It's a shame, it obviously has very little control over it's movements. I think the reason two headed snakes always seem to die so young is that they have serious internal defects as well as the obvious external one. It's a shame we admire such birth defects. Any other uncurable defect that was clearly causing the animal distress and difficulty would be seen as cause enough for euthanasia. Sorry, I can't see the attraction there.

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 02:06 PM
One time when I bred T. radix, I had a baby born defective. No photos I'm afraid. He was nearly twice as large as his siblings, and he had no eyes. His lower jaw was enlarged and turned up to meet the upper, but he was able to close his mouth completely, and his tongue seemed to function normally.. Apart from being large, his body was otherwise normal.

From the start he was the dominant baby, first to eat, first to slough. He was very competitive and would steal food from the others. He seemed in no way compromised by his defects. His ability to detect vibration seemed heightened; he would come out of hiding as I entered the room.

I kept him for ages (can't remember exactly how long) before I gave him to a freind. He was over two foot long when he went.

krystalirelan@southslope.
04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
We were at a reptile show and my daughter saw a bent corn snake. After talking w/the guy he finally got it out for us and said he must have put it in there by mistake and he would not sell it. My daughter is always rooting for the underdog and was very upset b/c the guy said it would proably die young so after tears and begging the guy and signing a paper saying he would not take any further responsibility for the snake (and $40) later, we bought a bent blood red corn we named Crooked Stick. He is 3years old now and we got him a girlfriend his bend has sort of moved down his spine and gotten less noticable.

zirliz
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Aw, a happy story :)