PDA

View Full Version : Hello! :)

05brandon50
02-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey guys! My name is brandon and i just joined. Im 16, have a part-time job, and i own a corn snake. I hope to meet a few new friends on here and get some info on garter snakes. I am hoping to find a snake on here to buy because i really would like to get a garter snake and i suppose this is where the experts are! haha well, its nice to meet everyone and like i said im here to learn about garters and make some friends.

Stefan-A
02-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Welcome aboard, Brandon. :)

guidofatherof5
02-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Brandon, you've come to the right place. This is garter snake heaven. We are passionate about providing our snakes the best possible life and to help other learn about these wonderful snakes.
Welcome to the family.

drache
02-19-2010, 06:43 AM
welcome to our forum, Brandon

gregmonsta
02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Greetings :D

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi Brandon,

being in CA... you must see some garters out there! what types do you encounter where you are at? We only have easterns in PA. not that easterns are not awesome or anything like that!!!

Odie
02-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi, from Oregon, brandon :)

05brandon50
02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals :) haha but i live in sothern california where its pretty dry and hot so i dont see much garters but i do see some up in the sierras where i go on vacation. Im not sure what kind though but i always see then by the fish-gutting stations there and there is like 3 large females they say thatcome out in the evenings and eat all the trout guts haha. That was my first encounter with garters so i really would like one as a pet now. I have found a reptile breeder near me who has a few eatern garters(i think, the sign only said "garter snakes") so i think i am gonna go and buy one tomorrow so im pretty excited about that :) like i said, i dont know much about garters but i know basic snake care and the major rules like no goldfish or red wrigglers! haha but im happy to meet some people who have common interests in these amazing animals :)

05brandon50
02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Great news! I got a red sided garter snake yesterday!!! I think its a female and shes a little over a foot long. Ill get a picture soon but the best part is that she ate the 2nd day i got her! I thawed out a few pieces of salmon for her and she took it aggressively. Is this normal? lol

05brandon50
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I fed her like 10min ago and i didnt feed her a whole meal, just a snack because i thought that would be better since i just got her. Shes still moving about in her cage looking for more!

Mommy2many
02-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the forum from Connecticut! Congratulations on your new friend.