PDA

View Full Version : February 2010 Photo & Caption Comments Thread

Stefan-A
02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Business as usual.

Comments about this month's photo and caption contest get posted here, so that we keep the contest threads free of clutter.

Before submitting any pictures, please read the rules.

ConcinusMan
02-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Shannon's got this one. No doubt. Love that photo.

guidofatherof5
02-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Shannon's got this one. No doubt. Love that photo.

I don't agree. There are a number of great photo in the contest this month. They all have a chance of winning:)

Charis
02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't agree. There are a number of great photo in the contest this month. They all have a chance of winning:)
I agree it's gonna be another hard pick, though I am leaning toward Shannon's. But it's still pretty close to a 5 way tie.

ConcinusMan
02-26-2010, 02:03 AM
All the photos are great, but this is a contest and somebody is going to have to come up with one very impressive photo to take my vote away from Shannon. It won't be easy and you're running out of time. Nothing would please me more than a photo to beat that one, or at least a bunch of effort to beat it!

drache
02-26-2010, 05:53 AM
is there still time?
I've been too swamped with real life to attend to this

Snaky
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM
I think that any day this months competition will end. I like the picture of steven@humboldtHerps the most till now :)

gregmonsta
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I have to say - Udo, that's one Hell of a photo :D

ConcinusMan
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Being how this is March 1, I think the contest threads are supposed to be locked. Mods will get to it soon. So, all entries prior to today are eligible. Sorry Rhea, I think it's too late. Don't feel bad, I have yet to qualify for entry since I joined. I finally got a garter, and she doesn't have that spot! (well, actually, she does, but she's albino and won't show up on a photo)

guidofatherof5
03-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Being how this is March 1, I think the contest threads are supposed to be locked. Mods will get to it soon. So, all entries prior to today are eligible. Sorry Rhea, I think it's too late. Don't feel bad, I have yet to qualify for entry since I joined. I finally got a garter, and she doesn't have that spot! (well, actually, she does, but she's albino and won't show up on a photo)

From what I understand, they get locked when they get locked.
It's never been a ridge rule that they end on the last day of the month.:)

ConcinusMan
03-01-2010, 07:04 PM

OK well, it's not FEB though, I just figured.

drache
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
it seems that the contests have all been running on a bit
in theory voting is supposed to start the last week of the month
I think everybody's so busy that the months are just whipping by before we know it
I do believe it's okay to enter until the polls go up

ConcinusMan
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I just finally got the most awesome props for making a small garter look giant. Contest or no, I'm going to take the photo and post it.

Stefan-A
03-02-2010, 01:34 AM
That's correct. Let's also not forget that we lost half of the shortest month of the year.

We've tried to stick to a rigid schedule, but sometimes we forget that there even is a contest in progress and it often takes a few days before the winner has picked a new theme.

ConcinusMan
03-02-2010, 01:37 AM
oh yeah, no wonder it seemed so empty in the thread. Duh. Forgot about that.

ConcinusMan
03-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Sure wish I had a little competition in the caption contest. Feels lonely in there. Like I'm giving the greatest performance in my life to an audience of one.

Stefan-A
03-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Why not just sing one song, instead of an entire opera?

ConcinusMan
03-02-2010, 02:24 AM
I just had so many ideas. Couldn't let them go unheard. Besides that, anyone who is a true Pink Floyd fan knows you must hear the entire album (opera) or else the one song loses it's meaning.

ConcinusMan
03-02-2010, 02:33 AM
In the caption contest I voted for someone other than myself. There's only one other. But seriously, don't vote for that person just because he has one entry and I have more. Vote honestly. However, if you do vote for me, I'd really like to know which one you liked best. I guess the only way to know would be for people to comment here and tell me which one they liked best. I'm curious.

drache
03-02-2010, 06:18 AM
I like the space constraint one

Stefan-A
03-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Okay, a couple of comments:

- Give the feedback through PM, otherwise it's practically a testimonial.

- People can make their decisions on any grounds they like. It's not my place or anybody else's to declare any reason invalid.

christop
03-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I think charles picture is the best :P

ConcinusMan
03-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Okay, a couple of comments:

- Give the feedback through PM, otherwise it's practically a testimonial.

- People can make their decisions on any grounds they like. It's not my place or anybody else's to declare any reason invalid.

I had a feeling you would say that.

Stefan-A
03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Congratulations to the winners once again. :)

gregmonsta
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Some great pics for sure :) .... congrats winning peeps :D

Snaky
03-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Indeed, congrats to the winners :)

ConcinusMan
03-10-2010, 02:44 AM
I said it all along. What a great photo. Way to go Shannon.

zooplan
03-11-2010, 03:32 AM
I´m snoopy for the next contest theme!
When will it start?;)
Congratulations Shannon!