PDA

View Full Version : Silver not eating

snakeman
01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
My prized silver will not eat.The snake has been off feed since august.I brumated him for 3 months.He has been out since dec.19th.Still has not eaten on his own.Had to pinkie pump him today.He is getting thin.Hopefully he holds it down.He is a high stressed snake.Always has been.Never really ate that well to begin with.Wanted to breed him this year but that did'nt work out.We'll see if he holds on.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/rsz_dsc04727.jpg

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
oh my gosh!!! I hope he pulls through for you!

ssssnakeluvr
01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
good luck with him!!! hope he makes it!!!

Stefan-A
01-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Good luck, it's a nice one.

guidofatherof5
01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Great looking male. Keep us posted on his progress.
Have you increased his heat at all?. Any shedding in that out time?

drache
01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I hope he pulls through for you

snakeman
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
He shed the other day.Something was off when he came out of hibernation.He usually bites and hides all the time.When he came out.he was staying out in the open and not freaking out when I came into the room.He kept the food down that I pumped into him.I am doing it again in two days.

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-17-2010, 07:10 PM
did you try nightcrawlers or even some feeder fish?! that does not sound good... pumping is really detrimental to their overall health I really hope he doesn't need too much more of it! that really sucks when a snake decides to completely stop feeding!

Eddie
01-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi Tom
I hope he pulls through for you.
Drop me a line on what snakes you are breeding this year.
Eddie

gregmonsta
01-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Fingers crossed for the wee guy.

charles parenteau
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Beautiful snake ,good luck!

jitami
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Tom, hope he comes around for you... they certainly can make life more stressful than it needs to be!

GarterGeek
01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
My snake took about a month to start eating after I pulled him out of brumation. He was in brumation for about 3 months too. He lost a little weight, but is eating voraciously now. (If your snake is male, perhaps it is a hormone thing. My male's behavior drastically changes after brumation.)

When my two snakes escaped in my basement during brumation, they went without food for nearly 5 months. The one had even emerged from brumation before I found him. Both snakes had thinned out a little bit, but are currently both healthy.

Good luck!! :)

mtolypetsupply
01-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I know they're not available in the wild yet, but what about trying some tadpoles? Of course, not knowing how large your snake is, it may be hard to find some of the appropriate size, but browsing around on some frog forums you may find someone with frogs that are breeding like crazy and willing to sell you eggs/tads. Also, some of the scientific supply websites sell bullfrog tads, but I don't know at what size they sell them. Worth a try, if they aren't expensive.

Best of luck with the little guy, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

mustang
02-19-2010, 12:07 PM
keep trying to feed him...after bruminating it might take a while for their feeding instinct to kick in again...good luck gettn more like that