PDA

View Full Version : Similis oder Florida blue

Dragonhunter
01-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Hello togheter,
We are from Switzerland and found this Forum in the internet by searching for a Thamnophis page.
There arent any german specialized Thamnophisforums so we thougt were gona register here and try to get answers to
.I am trying to breed with Thamnophis sirtalis florida blue and have got now quite a breeding group togheter.

Now we became a Thamnophis sirtalis florida blue but somehow its different as the other ones we have.
The colours of the new snake are more lighter blue as our florida blues all have a darker more green touch.
We think it could be a thamnophis sirtalis similis but were not quite sure.
Maybe someone here can help us.
Pictures are following.

Greetings Caroline

drache
01-03-2010, 06:14 AM
welcome to the forum, Caroline
whatever your other ones look like, this one looks totally like a Florida blue T.s.sirtalis to me
and here's also a link to a German garter site Gartersnake.de (http://gartersnake.de/)
but stick around anyway
where in Switzerland are you? I lived am Bodensee for a while, just a few miles from the border, and a walk across the ice in winter

Dragonhunter
01-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi we live in Kloten next to the Airport.
Thanks for the link but the forum there doesn't work.
Were looking for a Thamnophisforum to ask questions.

Mommy2many
01-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the forum! Please stick around. You have a beautiful snake there.

guidofatherof5
01-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Dragonhunter
01-03-2010, 08:31 AM
here are some detailed pictures from the Snake.

I dont get it how do i answer personal messages and how do i write someone a pm?

snakeman
01-03-2010, 08:48 AM
It's sirtilis.Similis are not heavily checkered like that as adults.

Odie
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi, from Oregon, Caroline :)

drache
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I dont get it how do i answer personal messages and how do i write someone a pm?
there is a private message system you can access at the right side of the page below the tabs
to send a private message you can click on the person's user name to the left of one of their posts; it'll give you a little drop-down menu, and one of the items should be "send a private message to . . . " for some people you end up with a friend's page that has a "contact" tab
I hope that helps

Dragonhunter
01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
there is a private message system you can access at the right side of the page below the tabs
to send a private message you can click on the person's user name to the left of one of their posts; it'll give you a little drop-down menu, and one of the items should be "send a private message to . . . " for some people you end up with a friend's page that has a "contact" tab
I hope that helps

On the other computer these options are not available on my lap top they suddenly appear. Somehow weird.:confused:

Stefan-A
01-04-2010, 01:50 AM
On the other computer these options are not available on my lap top they suddenly appear. Somehow weird.:confused:
New members don't get all the toys right away.