PDA

View Full Version : Other Snakes Sub-forum ?

keelerskiddiecare
12-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi I am a member here but have not been active in a long time because I feel that I no longer fit in as I no longer have a garter in the house. I still keep snakes and I would love to be more active on the site. So I pose this question why not a sub-forum for other snakes or non-Thamnophis discussions, similar to what the corn snake forum I am also a member of has? This would allow members like myself who no longer have garters to still remain active and not feel like they no longer belong on this board.

ConcinusMan
12-29-2009, 06:00 PM
They just recently changed a few things so that we remain Thamnophis focused but we don't always want to talk about garter snakes. I know it sounds weird, but the place for non-thamnophis or off topic stuff is The Garter Snake Lounge located here: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/

They would prefer that we use existing threads whenever appropriate. Welcome back! I'm pretty new here but I just love my new friends. It's awesome here. And BTW, I don't currently have any garters either! But I will soon.

Stefan-A
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
They just recently changed a few things so that we remain Thamnophis focused but we don't always want to talk about garter snakes. I know it sounds weird, but the place for non-thamnophis or off topic stuff is The Garter Snake Lounge located here: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/

They would prefer that we use existing threads whenever appropriate. Welcome back! I'm pretty new here but I just love my new friends. It's awesome here. And BTW, I don't currently have any garters either! But I will soon.
I'd just like to point out that the discussions in the Lounge should still be limited to natricines, in other words New World and Old World watersnakes, like for example Natrix, Xenochrophis, Nerodia and Storeria.

aSnakeLovinBabe
12-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, we do have an area for other snakes to be discussed it is the "other pets" thread and i beleive it is stickied in the lounge. As Stefan mentioned, the lounge topics should still be relevant to natricine snakes of some sort, such as water snakes, dekay's snakes, keelbacked snakes or the grass snakes of europe. At one time, all kinds of talk was allowed in the lounge but it took over the site completely, cluttered the homepage and was taking a lot away from the site, simply because this is supposed to be a highly specialized site.

ConcinusMan
12-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh, okay. Sorry for misinforming. Also for posting the wrong stuff in there! My bad.

aSnakeLovinBabe
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh, okay. Sorry for misinforming. Also for posting the wrong stuff in there! My bad.
don't worry, we're not going to lynch you or anything like that :rolleyes:

Odie
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Were's the poles and pitchforks :eek: just kidding:rolleyes:

ConcinusMan
12-31-2009, 01:35 AM
Why not just throw me into a pit of garter snakes?

drache
12-31-2009, 05:56 AM
Why not just throw me into a pit of garter snakes?
it might hurt them

keelerskiddiecare
01-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Not to mention punishment is not supposed to be enjoyable!!!

guidofatherof5
01-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Not to mention punishment is not supposed to be enjoyable!!!

Tell that to the judicial system we have in the US.

ConcinusMan
01-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Darnit. I tried. I guess I should have just said "please don't throw me in that briar patch"

ConcinusMan
01-01-2010, 06:20 AM

Oh thank the garter snake gods. I was afraid that this might happen: :o

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2518/330e736.gif
Gotta love Johnny Depp. He's such a bad as. I'm glad he's not moderating here.

Stefan-A
01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh thank the garter snake gods. I was afraid that this might happen: :o

Gotta love Johnny Depp. He's such a bad as. I'm glad he's not moderating here.
Have you by any chance seen me as an operator on blogTV?

Stefan-A
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, 6/14 posts so far have been on-topic. :rolleyes:

Any assenting or dissenting viewpoints?