PDA

View Full Version : platies and xipho for gartersnakes

Geo
12-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Hello everybody,
I would like to know if the platies and Xipho are good for thamnophis. (I think yes because there are from the same family of guppies). Can you confirm that?
Thank you.
Geo

zooplan
12-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Hello Geo,

Guppies, Platies and Mollies are good to get non feeders back to food, but they should not be basic food.

ConcinusMan
12-29-2009, 05:58 AM
I always took the time and effort to stock up on Pacific Chorus frogs and various tadpoles. Very abundant at the right time of year and location.(not a coincidence that garters were also abundant at that time and location) The frogs and tadpoles keep quite nicely if frozen first, then sealed inside a food saver vacuum sealed bag. To know your snake is to know it's prey and stock up when and where prey is abundant!

drache
12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I always took the time and effort to stock up on Pacific Chorus frogs and various tadpoles. Very abundant at the right time of year and location
probably not in Belgium

ConcinusMan
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
generally mild, maritime climate characterized by many days of grey and/or rainy weather but not a single edible amphibian in the spring/summer? That sucks.

Geo
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you for your answers.

MasSalvaje
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I use small Platies and guppies to get babies to start feeding but as was mentioned before I try to get them off those and on to other things ( in my case that is rodents) as soon as possible.

-Thomas

commongartersnake
12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I need a girl who used cute up worms and snails to feed her snakes, I've helped her find them. But that's all I know for feeding.