PDA

View Full Version : I really need help! Please read why

Thunder.x.Tiger
09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Right now it is the middle of September and garters have started migrating and now she is going to let most of them go and I was wondering if the snake will die or not... please help!

I researched all day to find out why someone shouldn't let a captive born garter go I really need answers! It is pretty much fall now, the garters were born August 18/09

mustang
09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
well id keep them and sell em to good people

charles parenteau
09-13-2009, 06:53 PM
release them near a rocky ditch 2-3 meter deep with water before october in Canada its cold, or release them in spring .On 4 probably 4 will die ,better chance for them if they had eat someting few days before release.

guidofatherof5
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Right now it is the middle of September and garters have started migrating and now she is going to let most of them go and I was wondering if the snake will die or not... please help!

I researched all day to find out why someone shouldn't let a captive born garter go I really need answers! It is pretty much fall now, the garters were born August 18/09

That really becomes a judgement call. Released now in the right area gives them a chance to find food and shelter before freezing temps. Keeping them until Spring gives them the best chance at surviving since they will have a goood amount of time to eat and grow before their release. I will be keeping babies all Winter for a Spring release back to their native neigborhoods.
I will warn you, keeping babies for any length of time will cause a severe addiction to the little ones. The little scrubs do grow on you.

Thunder.x.Tiger
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I will try to convince my mom to wait till spring or give them away otherwise until then