PDA

View Full Version : Houten help - Snakeday

gregmonsta
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
:rolleyes: I'm trying to plan my way to Houten from Utrecht. If all goes well I would arrive there by coach as follows-

Utrecht, Eurolines bus stop, Jaarbeurspein, central stn, NETHERLANDSArrives: 09:15

Would anyone be able to give me a lift from the bus station to the show? :o

Gijs & Sabine
09-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Greg, looking forward to see you again :)
Unfortunately we won't be able to pick you up, because we are probebly be at the show around 7:30.

If you can't find anyone for a lift, there is a bus going as well. Here are the details:
It is a 'connexxion' bus 47 and the first one is leaving at 10:33 from Utrecht central station.
Then you have to get off the bus at 10:46 and that is in Houten, provinciale weg/ Doornkade.
And then it is just a 6 minute walk to the show. Walk in the road next to the filling station, at the end go right, at the end left and then you can't miss it at your left hand ;)

But I hope you won't need this info and someone can pick you up.

mustang
09-07-2009, 02:33 PM
jeez i need to read better i thought this was in huston TX...have fun yall

gregmonsta
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Greg, looking forward to see you again :)
Unfortunately we won't be able to pick you up, because we are probebly be at the show around 7:30.

If you can't find anyone for a lift, there is a bus going as well. Here are the details:
It is a 'connexxion' bus 47 and the first one is leaving at 10:33 from Utrecht central station.
Then you have to get off the bus at 10:46 and that is in Houten, provinciale weg/ Doornkade.
And then it is just a 6 minute walk to the show. Walk in the road next to the filling station, at the end go right, at the end left and then you can't miss it at your left hand ;)

But I hope you won't need this info and someone can pick you up.

Great info ;) thank you :D

Snaky
09-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Same problem for me, I'll be already sooner at Houten then that...

I hope you'll still find a ride though.

reptileparadise
09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Same here...We'll be there around 7:30 as well.

Isnt the coach going directly to the show? There are always a few coaches stopping in front of the show.....Weird!

gregmonsta
09-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Well ... I was originally going to get a special coach which was supposedly running from Edinburgh to the show (as it does for Ham and the other Houten reptile fair) .... but .... no ... booking opened the other day and the only pick up they are offering is Ashford in Kent!!! ... So it actually works out cheaper for me to jump on national transport in order to get to Utrecht :rolleyes: and ... it's more direct ... if I tried to make the Ashford pickup I would end up needing a hotel on the way home!

reptileparadise
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I really hope you can find a lift...a 75 minute wait for a 10 minute busride isn't pleasant!

gregmonsta
09-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I really hope you can find a lift...a 75 minute wait for a 10 minute busride isn't pleasant!

Could be worse :rolleyes: .... it is better than a two hour walk :D

reptileparadise
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
True!

There's also a train going from Utrecht to Houten (8min trip, €2,20) but you'll have to get bus 47 as well (one bus earlier, in Houten)

Time of arrival when you take the train and the bus ...10:15
Time of arrival when you take the bus from utrecht...10:53

I hate to say it, but the 75 minute wait and the busride might be the best option as Sabine said....
Will you be the only english guy on the coach? Or will there be more visitors for snakeday (that you can follow in a sneaky way :D )

gregmonsta
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
True!

There's also a train going from Utrecht to Houten (8min trip, €2,20) but you'll have to get bus 47 as well (one bus earlier, in Houten)

Time of arrival when you take the train and the bus ...10:15
Time of arrival when you take the bus from utrecht...10:53

I hate to say it, but the 75 minute wait and the busride might be the best option as Sabine said....
Will you be the only english guy on the coach? Or will there be more visitors for snakeday (that you can follow in a sneaky way :D )

I'll be doing my best to pick up some essential Dutch from my friends girlfriend before I go ;) ... I still have other languages to fall back on if I get confused. I don't know anyone else that will be travelling my route as yet :rolleyes: a Scot on an adventure for sure but I'm pretty handy with a map and a few landmarks. I'm hoping to book the bus seats tomorrow :D.

gregmonsta
09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh well :o .... plans had to be changed again :rolleyes: ... the normal busses wouldn't allow the snakes and I'm not going to risk it ... have booked the more expensive, troublesome route instead :rolleyes:

reptileparadise
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
What route is that?
Airplane?

gregmonsta
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
What route is that?
Airplane?

Nope ... back to the original coach to the show ... bus to London followed by whatever I can arrange to meet the minibus in Kent ... followed by spending a night in London on the return journey.

reptileparadise
09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Phew....
Ah well...lets say you'll get the whole snakeday experience!

One hell of a trip for some stupid snakes :)

gregmonsta
09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Phew....
Ah well...lets say you'll get the whole snakeday experience!

One hell of a trip for some stupid snakes :)

Yeah ... :mad: .... stupid snakes!!!! .... :o .... :rolleyes: I'll get them back!!! ... I'll keep them awake all night when I'm stuck in a 24hour coffee shop in London :o

drache
09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
don't you know anyone that knows someone in London who would let you catch a kip on their couch?

gregmonsta
09-10-2009, 01:49 AM
:o they'd have to put up with a big hairy Greg arriving at their door between 1-2am :rolleyes:. I think I can manage 6hours in the 24hour facilities the bus back is my bed :D.

drache
09-10-2009, 04:07 AM
:o they'd have to put up with a big hairy Greg arriving at their door between 1-2am :rolleyes:. I think I can manage 6hours in the 24hour facilities the bus back is my bed :D.
yeah - I've done that sort of thing a few times. It's okay - can even be enjoyable in a weird way

jitami
09-10-2009, 09:04 AM
It's okay - can even be enjoyable in a weird way

That's what I was thinking, too. It is hard to describe, but somehow rewarding. Bring a good book...

gregmonsta
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Books, mp3 player and the world that is my imagination :D .... plus, I'll have a beautiful parietalis and a gorgeous concinnus to keep me company :D