PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Gunthar130cl200
03-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I just joined this forum, so I'm here to say hi.
We live in France and have a couple of thamnophis suritus sackeni (peninsular ribbon snake) about a year old, along a couple of phelsuma laticauda, a physignatus coccincinus, and a few more pets (dogs, rodents, frogs and so on).

I chose these snakes because neither I or my wife whished to feed rodents to a snake, so we came upon these 2 little ribbon snakes, and counseled by a good salesman who thought about the animals before his income, we got back home with them.

I've been roaming the internet for advices and informations but it's quite scarce compared to other "beginners" species, so here I am, always trying to find more about them.

Sid
03-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. Start your questions and you'll certainly get good sound advice from member very knowledgable in the care of Thamnophis.

Sid

Stefan-A
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Welcome aboard. :)

Serpentine99
03-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Heres a caresheet on the Ribbons you have:http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Eastern_Ribbon_Snake

Snaky
03-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! If you have some question, you can always have a look at the topisc or shoot away;)

I would certainly advice you to read this article: article thiamin, thiaminase & goldfish (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Thiamin,), because you probably feed fish all the time...

Cazador
03-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Marc,

You're our first member from France, so a special welcome to you :). Do you know of many people from France who keep snakes? I hope you like it here and will share your ribbon snake experiences with us. There are quite a number on this forum who also have ribbon snakes, so you're in good company ;). Cheers,

Rick

GarterGuy
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Howdy and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you'll be able to find lots of advice here for any Q's that you may have.
Roy

Gunthar130cl200
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanx everyone, especially for the links, and don't worry, i was already aware about all the basic keeping knowledge, especially about the thiamin problem. Those were the first things I checked before actually buying the snakes, to be sure I could offer them a healthy captivity.

Snaky
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
That's always very good to hear, well then I can only say... I've already seen the enclosure picture's, now let the beauties follow;)

drache
03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome here, Gunthar
This is a wonderful place for a garter enthusiast.
I also have a T. sauritus sackenii - a male.
Good to meet you.

adamanteus
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi Gunthar, welcome to the forum.

GarterGirl
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the forum!
You're from France? My best friend, Phoebe goes there every summer!

adamanteus
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I wish I could go there every summer, but it's not always possible. I go as often as I can. I'm am a total francophile...I love all things French, the people, the language, the countryside, the food and of course le vin! I think I will make sure my next wife is French! I really want to explore the Languedoc Roussillon region....Carcassonne, Toulouse, Montpellier and of course the Camargue. All of France, in fact! It's just the most beautiful country on earth...vive la france!!

Thamnophis
03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Bonjour Gunthar130cl200 and welcome on this forum.