PDA

View Full Version : August 2009 Photo & Caption Comments Thread

Stefan-A
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
You know the drill by now. Comments about this month's photo and caption competitions get posted here, so that we keep the competition threads free of clutter.

Didymus20X6
08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
August vote already? We never even posted July's winning pic!

Stefan-A
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Congratulations to guidofatherof5! He's the winner of both contests this month.

I noticed only 13 people voted in the photo contest this time around and only 9 in the caption contest. Are people busy doing something else this time of year, or have these contests become pointless?

count dewclaw
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I enjoy them, for what that's worth.....:D

GarterGeek
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM

I noticed only 13 people voted in the photo contest this time around and only 9 in the caption contest. Are people busy doing something else this time of year, or have these contests become pointless?

I love the contests! Don't get rid of them!!!:eek:

Perhaps if someone bumped the contest threads up every now and then, it would help.

Didymus20X6
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Also, it would help if the poll threads linked back to the picture posting threads, so people wouldn't have to hunt for them.

Also, we never got around to posting July's photo winner on the home page. We've had June's winner up there forever.

mustang
09-01-2009, 08:15 PM
blank blank blank post an extra oopse

mustang
09-01-2009, 08:15 PM

no i voted!!! and i was busy caus in HS i can do anything better than u(i am a sophmore and i got a jr.s # on first week!) oooooooooooooooo:D if i can do it everyone could do it

Mommy2many
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Keep them going! I love the contests and the creativity that comes from them!

zooplan
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Congratulations, Steve!!!
What will be the new theme?

Also, we never got around to posting July's photo winner on the home page. We've had June's winner up there forever.
Sorry to Stefan, I like your winning photo too and hope that Jason will at least find time to change the picture now, but I won´t shout to loud for that until my picture is seen there;).

Snaky
09-02-2009, 05:02 AM
I don't have a lot of time, but still voted. I like the competition :)

Stefan-A
09-02-2009, 05:19 AM
I never asked Boots to post my winning picture on the front page, that's why it isn't there.

jitami
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I think the contests are fun. I just happened to miss the voting on this one. My fault. I took a look when the pole first came out and thought I'd get back to it later after looking at the pics. Never did and since there aren't any replies to the poll thread, which would bring it up in my "unread posts", I forgot to get back to it.