PDA

View Full Version : Getting my Garter maybe next week...

A Boyd
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
In Britain...Just wondering any advice on what to feed that has worked for you? I do not know what kind of garter i will be getting....

Didymus20X6
07-23-2009, 12:29 PM
There's actually a couple good care sheets on this site. Check em out!

From what I've seen most on here alternate between pinkies (NARF!), nightcrawlers (BAMF!), and fish, usually guppies, salmon, or trout (the bigger fish cut into pieces, of course, but avoid high thiaminase content).

ddawg
07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome,
My garters do just fine on nightcrawlers and an occasional pinky. My buddy owns a bait shop so the crawlers work the best for me!
Glenn :p

gregmonsta
07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I would stick to a mixed diet of FT trout/salmon and pinkies. With vitamin supplements every so often.

Calift
07-25-2009, 07:07 AM
For me frozen pinkies are easiest....if you can get yours to eat them!

Stefan-A
07-26-2009, 08:12 AM
For me frozen pinkies are easiest....if you can get yours to eat them!
Don't forget to thaw them first. ;)

guidofatherof5
07-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I've seen a difference in the way my snakes take pinkies. I've thawed my pinkies in warm water and then have gotten busy on something else. When I come back they are thawed but cold. My snakes take them but not the same was when they are warm. I think the warm pinkies say "alive" to my snakes and they take them with much more vigor. Warm ones are the way to go.:)

Charis
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I've seen a difference in the way my snakes take pinkies. I've thawed my pinkies in warm water and then have gotten busy on something else. When I come back they are thawed but cold. My snakes take them but not the same was when they are warm. I think the warm pinkies say "alive" to my snakes and they take them with much more vigor. Warm ones are the way to go.:)
That's the same with my corns, the mice have to be fairly warm for them to take it right away. Otherwise they usually take it, but have to think about it for a while first.