PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone its been a long while! .... (another attack!)!

snakems
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
my snakems was recently apprehended by the same cat of mine ONCE again. This time with not a single injury at all!.... I was SOOO thankful, I cant even tell you. My boyfriend heard the cat making shuffling noises and sat up from bed and saw snakems OUT OF HER TANK! He was able to GRAB the cat before she did any damage but she was ON TOP of the snake. LUCKILY she has no front claws.
I still have NOOOOO CLUE HOW IN THE HELL she got out. really i do not. Its been baffling me ever since because the first time she escaped though i knew it would be tough for her i saw how it was atleast POSSIBLE! This time I just really am beyond baffled. There is no way it could have happened UNLESS the cat were to have SOMEHOW lifter her screen top and WHILE she was in the MIDST of doing that, snakems maybe came to the top of her cage and slithered out. But I dont know why that would happen. She's been terrified of the cats since the first attack where she was wounded, and when they come into the room she jolts and slithers into her cave. I have no clue why she would suddenly see the cat at her tank and come TO it. Just makes no sense to me but its the ONLY possible way I can see her escaping because it wouldnt be possible for her to push the screen top off or lift it. Even for the cat it wouldnt be EASY but more believable anyway.

Any thoughts, I'd love to hear. :) thank you! <3

guidofatherof5
07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
My only suggestion would have to do with the cat:D

drache
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
glad you got to her before she was hurt
how is that screen top secured?

gregmonsta
07-03-2009, 05:57 PM
A lucky escape for sure!!! ... I had a ribbon snake escape many years ago because my cat used to love sleeping on top of the tank (taking in the heat from the bulb through the metal lid). When she jumped off she must have dislodged the lid which resulted in Steve going on a wee adventure. I found him a week later slithering behind my wardrobe. After this I covered the tank in ornaments to dissuade the cat. I would suggest getting a more robust lid.

adamanteus
07-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Welcome home, Sayra. Long time no see.
A lucky escape indeed...... bloody cats.

mustang
07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Duck tape + lid = cage