PDA

View Full Version : Little Thief!!

IndigoBug1987
06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
I was feeding my three snakes. And the two bigger ones had already eaten their pinkies so i was feeding the smallest one. For some reason she is really shy and likes to sit with her meal. Well the medium one slithered over there and instantly snapped it out of her mouth. Then ran away and had it down his throat so fast i couldn't stop him!! That made me so angry!! >_<

Sputnik
06-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Might be a good idea to separate your snakes at feeding time. :) I've had a few near misses with one snake stealing food from the other...when it was already part way down her throat. Quite a scary experience.

guidofatherof5
06-11-2009, 05:11 AM
They do become different snakes when it's feeding time. Savages is some cases.

ssssnakeluvr
06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
separating at feeding times is a good suggestion.....they could actually start eating the other snake

aSnakeLovinBabe
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
When I have a straggler, one that's a slow eater or is smaller I always isolate it and feed it extra at meals so it will catch up. Garters are very smart when it comes to thieving other snake's food... they actually know how to follow the other snake and look for the other snake's head and grab what they've got!

IndigoBug1987
06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I know I started freaking out thinking he was gonna just slurp the little one down too. Luckily he was more interested in getting away with it and she let go instantly when he grabbed it. No harm done. Next time I will seperate them though.

How fast do they grow?

guidofatherof5
06-12-2009, 04:55 AM
How fast do they grow?

Like little weeds. Don't blink:D

Honestly, it depends of how much and how often you feed them. My babies grow very fast but seem to slow down at about one year old.