PDA

View Full Version : regurgitating

k2l3d4
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Ok I am a bit worried... my snake that is in question as to sex (hudina) is a normal checkered garter.... well he/she just regurgitated a pinkie mouse that he/she hit and ate yesterday. Only the back legs of the F/T pinkie where digested and the rest was still intact. What could have caused something like this? I am monitoring Hudina right now to see if there are any other reactions or actions. I have had hudina since last september and never has there been this.:confused:

gregmonsta
05-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Snakes may regurgitate if they have eaten too much, the temperature isn't right or due to a parasite problem. Check the first 2 and if the problem persists you might want to have a fecal smear done.
As this is the first time I wouldn't worry too much. Do you let your garters rest for 2 days after feeding or did you handle the snake?

k2l3d4
05-25-2009, 12:01 PM
He/she probably ate too much.Temps have been running good. The only change has been the substrate. I was using the Carefresh, but I have extra crushed Walnut that I use with my baby Ball Python (that is in the tank right next door) So when I did a complete tank change I yesterday I used that instead of the Carefresh. I like the carefresh for the burrowing but it is hard to spot clean.

Snaky
05-26-2009, 04:32 AM
This is not finished, but maybe can also help when you have questions on regurgitation:
http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Regurgitation

guidofatherof5
05-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Great link to suggest, Hans.