PDA

View Full Version : Shedding question: Foggy eyes?

Gyre
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello. Serprisingly, I have another question. My snake started getting cranky, (turns out she's about to shed, so, that figures :p) but I noticed this last shed, and it happeed again this time: I know the first sign of a close shed is that the eyes get very foggy, but then they seem to clear up, maybe, three, four days before the shed.

I'm assuming this is normal, I can't say I noticed it with past pets. Anyway, they were foggy 6am this morning, and now dinnertime, they're clear. What's up with that? lol:D

Hannah

hjelte
03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Yup! That´s what happens. Right before they are ready to shed the eyes clear up. Everything´s normal!

Best wishes
//Chris

Gyre
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks =3

Hannah

GarterGuy
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, that is normal....the cloudiness is caused as the snake prepares to seperate the old skin from the new....it's some enzyme or something (forget right now?), after this is done, the skin clears up again and is then soon molted off. That's why the shed isn't cloudy, but clear when it comes off of the snake....it's not the old skin that does it, but what ever enzyme or such that is doing it's job.
Roy

Gyre
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow, that's really intresting. I way trying to figure that out for a while. Thanks a lot Roy. :)

Hannah