PDA

View Full Version : Cool New Technique

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
The florida erythristic Scott sent me proves to be the most tauntingly hard snake to get to eat ever. I finally found what she likes though... it's so simple... nightcrawlers!!! She ate like 10 of them! She even turned down a frog... :eek: But anyway, I wanted to start getting something other than just worms into her, so I came up with a new way to trick my picky snakes into eating pinkies when they don't want to! I tried slathering a pinky in worm guts... she won't go for it unless its a live, wriggling worm... so I came up with a sneaky little ploy to get my way!

YouTube - How to Trick a Finicky Garter Into Eating Pinkies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8ECxCrLcA&feature=channel_page)

ssssnakeluvr
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I've wrapped worms around pinkies...works great!!!!!!

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Yea I cannot beleive I never thought of it sooner. I was sitting there like GOD WHY WONT YOU EAT THE STUPID PINKY!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I had never heard of anyone doing it before, so I posted a video on how to do it :D

Stefan-A
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Not a bad solution. :)

I've wrapped fuzzies with "untreated" worms with some success, but that was with a pretty large female parietalis that would normally eat small adult mice.

Stefan-A
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
"Viperkeeper" on YouTube did sew a lizard to a pinkie in one of his videos.

drache
05-13-2009, 06:45 PM
great video - thanks Shannon
I have a snake I will try this with

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-13-2009, 06:57 PM
wow, thats insane!!!

Stefan-A
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
wow, thats insane!!!
Prekilled, of course. :D Let's see if I can't find that video.

Stefan-A
05-13-2009, 07:10 PM
YouTube - Helpful Tips & More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DO-Ge2HsE)

Starting at about 3:58. :)

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-13-2009, 07:20 PM
wow thats a great vid... I love his stuff!! Mainly because he talks to his snakes the same way I talk to mine.... :rolleyes:

MoJo
05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Neat idea. Why does running the worm under hot water paralyze it like that?

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
because hot water very effectively and quickly kills a worm. It's not really paralysis, as much as it is killing it completely. But worms are unique, in that you can kill part of them without immediately killing the rest. So if you only kill the back half, the front half still lives, and if you kill only the last third of the worm, the worm could break that part off, and the rest of him will live! man, I feel evil now... I am a worm murderer :(

prattypus
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
That reminds me of the Treehouse of Horror episode of the Simpsons where Bart's evil twin wanted to reconncet them- he practiced by sewing a rat to a pigeon. THe pigeon tried to fly away, they both hit the ground, and the rat ran into a wall

Sid
05-14-2009, 04:15 AM
Good job, Shannon and nice video.:)