PDA

View Full Version : Worms menu

lestat
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Dug this lot up today for my baby Floridor's.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/worms3.jpg

Question, should i buy worms from a reptile shop or keep digging them up and how do you prepare them. I wipe the dirt of and put them in with some of the small babies. I keep an eye on them as they eat them.
The worms that are not eaten i put back some where else in my garden where i wont dig them up again as i feel they deserve to live without putting them through it again.
Do worms have feelings.

guidofatherof5
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't believe they have feeling as in emotions. I'm sure they can feel pain. They are a dirt,plant matter recycler As long as you are getting your worms from a safe(free from pesticides, pollution, ect.) area it's surely a lot cheaper to dig your own. I only buy them when the weather forces me to.
Get a small container, put some dirt in it and place your unused worms in it. If kept in a cool, dark location they will keep for week and you will have worms available when you need or want them. They can be kept in a refrigerator if you don't mind that sort of thing.

Stefan-A
04-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I agree with Steve. They don't have emotions, but they can undoubtedly feel pain.

drache
04-26-2009, 05:01 AM
who knows - with five hearts, perhaps they can have all five emotions at once
or was it seven (emotions)? - oh no, that's deadly sins, right?
pardon my goofiness
they do have a very simple nervous system, so I wonder what their perception of pain is like - don't really think it's like ours

guidofatherof5
04-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Their perceptions are more than likely just a reaction to the stimulus rather than comprehension of the actual situation :rolleyes: or something like that.

adamanteus
04-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey, they're just worms. Snake food!;)

prattypus
04-26-2009, 07:48 AM
GASP! What an insensitive point of view! Some people say the same thing about snakes! Just kidding- I see it that way too.:D

guidofatherof5
04-26-2009, 08:09 AM

I was just trying to pull them out of the dirt for awhile:D

Stefan-A
04-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Their perceptions are more than likely just a reaction to the stimulus rather than comprehension of the actual situation :rolleyes: or something like that.
I know what you mean, I think. But that's all consciousness is, a comprehension of the actual situation based on the information that our various sensors can gather. :rolleyes:

guidofatherof5
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I know what you mean, I think. But that's all consciousness is, a comprehension of the actual situation based on the information that our various sensors can gather. :rolleyes:

Right. I couldn't agree more. You said it better than I did.:rolleyes: