PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation.

gregmonsta
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
:D I was handling Panama the other day and managed to make her 'head-bob' for me. A little gentle stroking of her flank produced the prompt meeting and greeting gesture. The interesting thing is she seemed to produce a feelable clicking at the site of contact (be it with her ribs or spine). Interesting indeed ;)

drache
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
that's cool - will have to try that some time

aSnakeLovinBabe
04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Finally!!! SOMEONE ELSE who twitches on their snakes and gets them to do it back. To me it seems to be "hey I'm a snake!" and then the other one says "hey, I'm a snake too!" The head bobbing seems to be just a byproduct of twitching. It's a touch/vibration thing. It's very neat to watch them do it to one another.

nekomi
04-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I wonder if this is the same behavior I was observing in my black ratsnake when I would pick him up to handle him? He'd come up, investigate my hand, and then do a visible twitch that seemed to originate in the first 1/3 of his body.

Anyone have a video? :)

guidofatherof5
04-09-2009, 06:03 AM
:D I was handling Panama the other day and managed to make her 'head-bob' for me. A little gentle stroking of her flank produced the prompt meeting and greeting gesture. The interesting thing is she seemed to produce a feelable clicking at the site of contact (be it with her ribs or spine). Interesting indeed ;)

Greg,
Have given any though to what you might be saying to the snake. For all you know you're married ,now.:D

gregmonsta
04-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Rofl ... :) someone really needs to study snake speak one of these days :D

drache
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
isn't it called parseltongue?

gregmonsta
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Depends on how you 'Potter' around :D

Snake lover 3-25
04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
ha ha meadow does the same thing!!! nearly every time i hold her!!!! she clicks too:)