PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Turk

GarterGuy
02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Well this hasn't been a great year so far for pets. Today Turk, my OregonRedsided Garter snake died (He's the snake in my Avatar). I don't know how old he was, I bought him at Hamburg at adult size. He was in horrible condition when I bought him....really skinny and not very healthy, but he came around really well and the last three and a half years I had him I think were good years for him. I do think he was starting to show his age, his colour was fading a bit and his appetite kind of dropped off from what it was. He was my first gartersnake that I had since my Manitoba Redsided I had gotten as my first snake when I was ten. He was a beautiful snake and I'll really miss seeing him.
Roy

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//512/medium/Turk_bkg.jpg

PS...The pic is only from a couple days ago....he usually never would sit still for a good pic, so I'm glad I got this last one of him.

Gijs & Sabine
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Roy:( I know what it is to lose your first garter. You must remember the good years that you gave him and the joy he gave you.

Take care, Sabine

Stefan-A
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
RIP, Turk.

Snaky
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Always said to hear:(

adamanteus
02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Roy, so sorry to hear about Turk. Long may he continue to star as your avatar.

James.

drache
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
So sorry for your loss, Roy.
May Turk be happy wherever he goes.
Rhea

Cazador
02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear about Turk, Roy. He looked like a very old man, but he gave us all a lot of pleasure through your pictures. Best wishes,

Rick

krystalirelan@southslope.
02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry for the loss of Turk. Be comforted in knowing you gave him a good life.

Elliot
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
At least you helped him out and gave him over 3 good years.

Nataseya
02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your snake Turk. May the Gods watch over his spirit until the two of you meet in the summerland.

Shane

(Hope you don't mind: I made a donation "In Memory of Turk" to the M.A.R.S. Preservation Fund.)

Thamnophis
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Always a sad thing when an animal dies! :(

GarterGuy
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your snake Turk. May the Gods watch over his spirit until the two of you meet in the summerland.

Shane

(Hope you don't mind: I made a donation "In Memory of Turk" to the M.A.R.S. Preservation Fund.)

Hey thank you very much Shane.....that was very cool of you:) Thank you everyone else for your kind words as well.
Roy

Nataseya
02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Hope the fund I chose was acceptable. If not more than willing to make donation to the fund of your choice & I apologize for the summerland comment. I sometimes forget that not everyone believes in the same things I do.

Shane

Beautifylgirl
02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
RIP Turk. I'm glad to hear that you made his last 3 years so special.
My thoughts are with you.
Brittany

KITKAT
02-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear about Turk. I am watching Ivory carefully... she is a California Red Sided that I bought as an adult from a guy who advertised her as a regular eastern with some red. I was quite surprised when she arrived. But I have had her for about ten years now, and she is looking remarkably old and decrepit this winter.:(

GarterGuy
02-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Hope the fund I chose was acceptable. If not more than willing to make donation to the fund of your choice & I apologize for the summerland comment. I sometimes forget that not everyone believes in the same things I do.

Shane

No, Shane that was VERY acceptable and VERY thoughtful. Thank you! I do a lot of work and donations to various conservation causes, so that was really great. That and I also hit MARS every year as well....great show!:D As for the summerland comment, hey it's ok.....I have many friends who believe in many things and I know that comment came from the heart, so it's all good.:)
Roy

ClosedCasket88
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
was it from the guy usualy in the back to teh left of the snack stand?
if so i got a red sided off him this year and all his stuff was under weight .
they ate great though.nothing serious i guess he just didnt feed em enough and probly just fed em worms