PDA

View Full Version : visionarium - feedback

drache
03-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Vision Products (http://www.visionproducts.us/htm7/visionarium.html)
anyone have one? if so, how happy are you with it?

guidofatherof5
03-27-2009, 05:11 AM
I don't have one but they look pretty cool. Never heard of them. Rhea, if you'd like to buy me one I'll try it out and get you some feedback.:D

drache
03-27-2009, 05:53 AM
nice try Steve
i'd love to buy you one, but first i need to find a sponsor for all my philanthropic pursuits
meanwhile - don't we have any people with money on this forum? - the kind that can just go "these look nice, send me a six-pack"?

guidofatherof5
03-27-2009, 05:59 AM
nice try Steve
don't we have any people with money on this forum?

I have money, very little and most of it is not mine.:D

drache
03-27-2009, 06:10 AM
I have money, very little and most of it is not mine.:D
that about sums up my financial situation

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
"these look nice, send me a six-pack"?

Haha, I do that at times!! But not with caging... just actual snakes. If I want to purchase a garter snake online, it won't just be one, but a pair, trio, or two pairs. It's really not usually worth having one garter shipped for $50-$60. Like this year, when I make my purchase from Scott, I plan to be ordering multiple snakes off him. anywhere between 4 and 8. I will simply keep sending him payments until everything is paid off and then have them shipped all together!

Sadly I can't give you any feedback on vision caging, but I hear that everyone loves them (those who can afford them!)

ssssnakeluvr
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
they are nice cages!!! the rescue here has several of the cages pictured at the top of the page, they are nice.....a little pricey for me tho!!!!!
I would love to have my critter room stacked wall to wallwith nice cages like this, but.....don't quite have the money....

brain
03-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Vision Products (http://www.visionproducts.us/htm7/visionarium.html)
anyone have one? if so, how happy are you with it?

Interesting concept you found Rhea. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I’m going to look into this closer. I sent an email asking for just the parts not the glass I’ll keep you posted.

Being a cabinetmaker I build my own or have the Exo Terra system. :p

drache
03-27-2009, 10:57 AM
actually . . .
when compared to anything similar, they are not that pricey
I can't find a glass or acrylic tank with sliding doors for under $75 - and that's without a top
these seem to come with a top that can even be customized
so the price difference isn't big enough to skimp on the apparent advantages
the shipping adds a bunch and i'm thinking that if there was a way to get around that, such as seeing whether a vendor will bring them to an expo, then the price is not prohibitive
Michael - there's also another company that sells tank frames, but i guess those ventilated corner pieces are pretty unique

brain
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
actually . . .
when compared to anything similar, they are not that pricey
I can't find a glass or acrylic tank with sliding doors for under $75 - and that's without a top
these seem to come with a top that can even be customized
so the price difference isn't big enough to skimp on the apparent advantages
the shipping adds a bunch and i'm thinking that if there was a way to get around that, such as seeing whether a vendor will bring them to an expo, then the price is not prohibitive
Michael - there's also another company that sells tank frames, but i guess those ventilated corner pieces are pretty unique

And what company would that be?

I usually get great idea from vendors when it comes to building my own viv.

drache
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
here you go Michael
Glasscages.com - Tank Frames (http://glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43)

brain
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
here you go Michael
Glasscages.com - Tank Frames (http://glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43)

TY;)
Have you ever used this Co.?

drache
03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
i have several of their cages actually - just because the pricing is the most reasonable I've found for what I want and i can pick up at an expo within reasonable driving distance, which only leaves the problem that i don't have a car
the people are very nice and helpful, and the customization options are endless
to add sliding doors to any terrarium is $50, but you end up getting a better tank in many other ways, because the workmanship on some of their basic stuff is soso, and when you add sliding doors, everything else gets upgraded a little bit too
saw somebody pick up a rimless tank at an expo - really beautiful
that 6'x2'x2' tank with sliding doors i got from them is heavy - very heavy
i don't think i'd ever want to get anything as big as that made of glass ever again, unless it comes apart into manageable pieces

Masticophis
03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I've not used those ones, they look a bit basic and tacky to me. i'd prefer a wooden viv over that one I think. I know in the US you like glass viv's but here in europe wood seems to be the one to have.

The proper vision vivs though are pretty good, i have 4 in total (all used ones) they do the job well enough. Not much bad to say though the lip above the glass is enough for snakes to hide in, one of my sand snakes is always falling off there. Not too bad with what i keep but for venomous species it's not ideal.

Mike

drache
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM
thanks, Mike; useful feedback
basic and tacky is pretty much what i can do right now
i've neither the time nor the craftmanship to make decent wooden ones, and buying them is not in my budget any time soon either
some day . . .

brain
03-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Rhea
I could build you a nice habitat but I do agree it would not be cost effective for me to ship it to you.

And these collapsible vivs seem to look right.

No input from the company yet

gregmonsta
03-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I did like the fact you could get a seperator to split the viv (from the first link) :) seems handy to me :D