PDA

View Full Version : Spring changes

guidofatherof5
03-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Here in western Iowa the weather has changed to more like spring. I've been able to open the window in the radix nursery. Today, being the 2nd day having it opened I've notice a change in my young ones. 95% of them are out of the hides and cruising much more than during the cold winter months. They seem, ready for something. I'm sure they feel the changing season but I've never had this kind of activity before. I've had the blinds open every day, even during the cold months and they get a lot of afternoon sun. I think they want to make a break for it. Some of them give me a "can we go out and play" look. They can smell all those spring time smells and they want to be part of it.
Being so low on the food chain, I don't want them to be part of it.
Anyone else observed any changes like this?

anji1971
03-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Definitely!
Mine all get really busy when the temps start to go up, and the fresh air comes in.
I'm pretty sure Deejay is looking for boys -- she cruises that tank nonstop for the last couple weeks. I actually feel sorry for her.....:D

ephemerata
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes, Sugar is moving around more this week - it is high 70's & sunny in austin so is getting in an afternoon dip in the outdoor bathtub where his fish are stocked. We have been playing a game where he swims across with my support underneath and I lift him before he escapes in the water plants. I think it is his favorite activity of all.

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
My garters are nuts right now. More active than I've seen them in a long time, it's so refreshing :)

drache
03-19-2009, 04:24 AM
yeah, here too
and it's not just the garters either