PDA

View Full Version : teeheehee!

snakems
03-14-2009, 10:47 AM
snakems bit me for the first time yesterday.
I barely even felt it lol
Ive been waiting for this for a while now and I thought it would never happen

I was wiggling my finger trying to get her to come out of her hide which ive always done when every once in a while she's hiding and snap! she struck.

it was cute.
no teeth marks at all.
just thought Id share lol

gregmonsta
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Congrats on another first lol :) ... I haven't been bitten in a long time ... been head-butted by Slithers a fair few times though :D

snakems
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Congrats on another first lol :) ... I haven't been bitten in a long time ... been head-butted by Slithers a fair few times though :D
thanks haha
it was quite interesting :)

Snake lover 3-25
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
lol congrats on your first bite!:p

infernalis
03-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Glad it didn't bother you.

I was feeding one of my snakes last night, and I dropped the pinky.

It was hilarious trying to pick that pinky back up.:D

snakems
03-16-2009, 12:02 AM
lol congrats on your first bite!:p

lol thanks

snakems
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Glad it didn't bother you.

I was feeding one of my snakes last night, and I dropped the pinky.

It was hilarious trying to pick that pinky back up.:D
... i hope she doest make a habit out of it though.
Though I dont mind the bite much if im not expecting it I feel that theres a chance I might pull away quickly like just out of being startled & im petrified of possibly hurting her that way.
.... why was it hilarious? lol

guidofatherof5
03-16-2009, 04:50 AM
... i hope she doest make a habit out of it though.
Though I dont mind the bite much if im not expecting it I feel that theres a chance I might pull away quickly like just out of being startled & im petrified of possibly hurting her that way.
.... why was it hilarious? lol

If they get a good grip, mouth wide open. It's hard for them to release. The curved teeth for holding onto pray causes that problem. I grab the tip of their head(snout) and pull it forward slightly, then pull up and back. While I do that I roll my finger forward and they do the rest. So far, no broken teeth as a result of this procedure and it doesn't seem to bother them. They're ready to eat and could care less anyway. Little pigs!
I've always noticed a strange look on their faces when they bite. It's kind of like they're thinking "I got you now, what are you going to do about it":D

anji1971
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I've always noticed a strange look on their faces when they bite. It's kind of like they're thinking "I got you now, what are you going to do about it":D

And after they release your finger, you get a disgusted, "Yuck, blech, you taste terrible, dude!" kind of look!:D

ssssnakeluvr
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
welcome to the club...work with garters enough and you will get bitten. I lost count years ago

snakems
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
If they get a good grip, mouth wide open. It's hard for them to release. The curved teeth for holding onto pray causes that problem. I grab the tip of their head(snout) and pull it forward slightly, then pull up and back. While I do that I roll my finger forward and they do the rest. So far, no broken teeth as a result of this procedure and it doesn't seem to bother them. They're ready to eat and could care less anyway. Little pigs!

lol good to know! thanks! :)

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Stefan and I were discussing this yesterday.... we both have large female vagrans that we feel can't be fully trusted. We're taking bets on who gets bitten first!:D

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
And after they release your finger, you get a disgusted, "Yuck, blech, you taste terrible, dude!" kind of look!:D
"You didn't wash your hands after going to the bathroom, did you."

guidofatherof5
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Stefan and I were discussing this yesterday.... we both have large female vagrans that we feel can't be fully trusted. We're taking bets on who gets bitten first!:D

Vagrans, from what I've read on the forum maybe the bet should be who will lose a finger first.:eek::D

We want to see pictures!, please.

anji1971
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
"You didn't wash your hands after going to the bathroom, did you."

Ewwww. I think when I got that look, it was because I had washed them. I probably tasted like soap.:p