PDA

View Full Version : Puget Breeding ?

EdgyExoticReptiles
03-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Okay so i was feeding the pugets today and again the male was on Toms female, im not sure they were breeding but he was rubbing on her. After a month of behavior like this she must be pregnant right? Should i remove her to let him go after the other females? Is it a natural instinct for the male to go after the biggest female?

guidofatherof5
03-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Okay so i was feeding the pugets today and again the male was on Toms female, im not sure they were breeding but he was rubbing on her. After a month of behavior like this she must be pregnant right? Should i remove her to let him go after the other females? Is it a natural instinct for the male to go after the biggest female?

The chances are good she's gravid if there's been copulation. Mutiple matings isn't unusual from what I've read. I have had a few of mine mate more than once in a weeks time. If the other females are receptive, he won't need any encouragement. The female will stop sending signals, once she's mated and the eggs have been fertilized.
I don't think there is a rule as to the size he will go after but if she's putting out pheromones, what's a boy to do.:D

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, my male eastern was rubbing on my female hypo for a month straight. I never saw a confirmed copulation, but he stopped after she just shed again, so I am hoping there indeed was. The fact is that they very well could never have locked up. But, after this long, I would say anything that was going to happen should have happened by now and that you should move on to other females.