PDA

View Full Version : T.radix Ranch inventory

guidofatherof5
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Tonight hadn't been scheduled to happen in a month or two but my daughter(Gabby) and I were bored and decided to do an inventory of our radixes.
Here's what we found. 49(females) 36(males) 3(unknowns) Total 88
For some reason it doesn't feel like I have that many. They are very easy to take care of and as long as I devote every waking minute to them, it's a breeze. Seriously, Its become part of our routine.
I have a small sign right inside my front door. It reads "A home just isn't a home without a dog" Maybe for me it should read "A home just isn't a home without a bunch of radixes"
I took a couple of photo of one of my groups. The first photo is 1 second after taking the lid off. The second is 2 seconds after the lid was removed. Where's the next photo you ask? My daughter and I were too busy catching radixes. They exploded out of the bucket. :eek:We had radixes going every direction. We were both laughing so hard and yelling "there goes one" "get that one" "ones behind you". What a great memory for both of us.
We didn't lose a single one and everyone is resting comfortably.
They really do make life a whole lot more fun.:D Never a dull moment around here.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/bucketosnakes.jpghttp://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/bucketosnakes1.jpg

Snake lover 3-25
03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
lol wow so what did you do with them all? did you separate the girls from the boys or just put them back? great pics lol:p

misskris
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
WOWZAS!!!! Bet you guy's had fun :)

guidofatherof5
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
lol wow so what did you do with them all? did you separate the girls from the boys or just put them back? great pics lol:p

They all returned to their respective enclosures. At least the ones that haven't matured. The others are in the male/female enclosures.
Hoping I sexed them all correctly. Not a chance. I'm sure I made a mistake, having this many. We will have to keep a close eye on all of them, to make sure they are behaving.

ssssnakeluvr
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
sounds like fun!!!!!! Nikki and I would have had a blast doing the same thing!!! :D

ssssnakeluvr
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
got plenty of room here at my garter ranch for some of those radix....Cariad needs some company!!!! :cool:

guidofatherof5
03-07-2009, 09:56 PM
got plenty of room here at my garter ranch for some of those radix....Cariad needs some company!!!! :cool:

Some of my radixes would love to live in Utah.

ssssnakeluvr
03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
hehehe....got lots of room here!!!!!

guidofatherof5
03-07-2009, 11:08 PM
hehehe....got lots of room here!!!!!

Okay, Don.
I get the message.:D
You may have as many as you want, after Wayne has picked his out.

gregmonsta
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow :) that's a lot of garters ;) well done on catching the freedom fighters :D

MasSalvaje
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Some of my radixes would love to live in Utah.

You know Steve I live in Utah also!

Excellent pics, They look very content!

Good work Steve!

-Thomas

reptile3
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow that is alot of radix's... I have trouble with my 3 snakes, when I clean their enclosure!!!

brain
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow Steve I didn’t realize you had that many of just 1 species.

Are you and Wayne in completion for whom has the most?? LOL

Maybe you are going to start your own “Narcisse Snake Dens” LOL