PDA

View Full Version : ! .... not sure what to think about this! ...

snakems
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
possibly nothing at all...
BUT...
every once in a while when holding snakems I would hear this ticking noise. not really what I would call LOUD but considering the size of her and the relativity of whatever it is about her making this noise, it's pretty noticable.
But it was not something that I heard all the time. Just every once in a while.

Now over this past week it's something that I hear from her EVERY time I pick her up. I tried to see if this was in unison with her breathing by looking at her but its hard to say because I have to put my ear close to her to hear it well enough. Its this consistent ticking and I can also hear her breathing if i listen close enough =/
SHOULD I be able to hear this?:confused: of has anyone else experienced this ticking and is it normal?

maybe im worried over nothing I dont know...

Snake lover 3-25
02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
meadow has done the same thing.... but it was only when i picked her up too.... idk maybe communication?

it doesn't seem to be anything bad she's done it forever......:)

adamanteus
02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
It's not unheard to be able to hear little sounds from your snake, but a regular clicking sound could be indicative of the early stages of a respiratory problem. I would recommend checking all the environmental conditions you're providing (temperature, humidity etc.....don't forget ventilation, this is often overlooked and can cause problems). If the clicking continues you should take Snakems to see a vet.

Snake lover 3-25
02-25-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah... meadow has never done it regularly.... just maybe 5 times in the hour at most....

snakems
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
It's not unheard to be able to hear little sounds from your snake, but a regular clicking sound could be indicative of the early stages of a respiratory problem. I would recommend checking all the environmental conditions you're providing (temperature, humidity etc.....don't forget ventilation, this is often overlooked and can cause problems). If the clicking continues you should take Snakems to see a vet.

:(

this scares mee :( :(

snakems
02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
meadow has done the same thing.... but it was only when i picked her up too.... idk maybe communication?

it doesn't seem to be anything bad she's done it forever......:)

thank you for the input! :)

Stefan-A
02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
idk maybe communication?
I doubt that it would make any kind of impression on those organisms that could hear it.

Snake lover 3-25
02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
just keep watch.... it should stop.... but it may be a sign or respiratory infection.....

Snake lover 3-25
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I doubt that it would make any kind of impression on those organisms that could hear it.

true.... idk just a guess.... because sometimes with meadow at least it seems to go with her twitchy movments..... which she does when you pet her in a certain spot or when she moves over one of the other snakes.....:)

And_Lyn
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
different animal but, our leopard gecko does it when its annoyed, like if its comfortable and we pick her up haha

reptile3
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
different animal but, our leopard gecko does it when its annoyed, like if its comfortable and we pick her up haha

I haven't heard any noises like that from my snakes, but my geckos make that same noise, it's when they want to be left alone(they are annoyed/uncomfortable)

Snake lover 3-25
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
hey is she still doing this? i just noticed that meadow seems to do it alot more just after i take her out of the tub? maybe it's just wetness in her mouth that is creating bubbles? and the bubbles pop creating the sound?

Zephyr
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I think it's just the snake letting out air. Like a sigh. The rapid exhalation through the esophagus, especially if there's a little bit of saliva there, would explain the "tick" noise. My plated lizards make the same noise after baths. Close to what Shanley says.