PDA

View Full Version : ribbon snake for adoption

drache
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
this ribbon snake is up for adoption
the owner was arrested and he's not coming back for this girl
I'd been fostering her for Sean and she looks a bit better than the photo
he will take her to Hamburg this Saturday, but I thought I'd post her here, in case somebody is interested

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/3305084842_30e0a68a8c_b.jpg

adamanteus
02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Nice looking snake, Rhea. I bet she's claimed within the hour!

infernalis
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
If I lived closer and didn't already have 4, I'd have been all over this:D

That's a pretty snake.

adamanteus
02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Thus far I have no Ribbons.... I'd be tempted by that one.

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Rhea, send her along with my infernalis. I will gladly give her a loving home.

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-23-2009, 07:32 PM
She's spoken for :)

once she passes quarantine, she can join the big community girl tank, along with the lawnmower survivor, the Bob survivor, and the found-almost dead-in-a-field survivor! I vow to spoil her with millions of fishes!

infernalis
02-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Are you sure thats the best idea for skittish ribbon snake Shannon?

Not judging anything, just curious. I keep my ribbons separate, the tend to freak really easily.

guidofatherof5
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Gosh Shannon, your fast. I'm too late. I was going to drive out and get her this weekend. Run up to Maine for some Lobster. Quick trip to Florida for some oranges. Then back home. Darn.:mad::D

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
you know I don't even have her yet and I've already developed a soft spot for her, mainly because she looks exactly like a ribbon I had ages ago ( in my goldfish feeding days) named Sneaky Snake. Now that I look back on it... sneaky was big...and probably a girl also :) I called him a boy though!!! Oh how I cried my eyes out for 2 days when sneaky snake passed away :(

Are you sure thats the best idea for skittish ribbon snake Shannon?

Not judging anything, just curious. I keep my ribbons separate, the tend to freak really easily.

I've had ribbons before... used to have 3 westerns and 2 penninsula's! I've never really noticed THAT huge of a difference, maybe yours are nutso? they would probably have a ball with my male similis! haha... in fact, they become just another of the bunch, running with their mouth open at my tongs!!! I don't like to keep thamnophis alone... they seem to be much more skittish, hidey...flippy, and unwilling to eat... when they are with other thamnophis they come out of their shell. I just proved that to myself againt when moving the red plains out of quarantine in with two other radix. She was on the thinner side for a while because she was so shy...and I couldn't get her to eat unless I left the room... but now she's diving out of hides, plucking thawed pinkies off my tongs! Ribbons and garters are one in the same... Ill have no problem turning this ribbon into a plant-lounging glutton:D I got my little ribbon to eat a worm tonight... he is with two small juvi easterns... I dont see a difference between him and them, other than he is thinner...I was very surprised to watch him eagerly suck it off my tongs....how weird is that?! I never even thought to try it until today!!!

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Gosh Shannon, your fast. I'm too late. I was going to drive out and get her this weekend. Run up to Maine for some Lobster. Quick trip to Florida for some oranges. Then back home. Darn.:mad::D

I apologize for the inconvenience... I would love to join you for some oranges and lobster though!!!

infernalis
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
the ribbons are together, with other ribbons.....

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-23-2009, 11:57 PM
the ribbons are together, with other ribbons.....

I knew what you meant silly :p

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
I won't be able to keep her with my other ribbon, they're opposite sexes!!! :eek:

Lori P
02-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Wayne, I have ribbons and garters housed together and they all get along perfectly... in fact all lie together most of the time. There's not even issues at feeding time-- my ribbons are actually more aggressive feeders than the garters they live with. Of course, that's just my limited experience...

Congrats, Shannon!! You must show us once she is all settled!!