PDA

View Full Version : come full circle

wolfpacksved
02-17-2009, 10:19 AM
The first snake i caught & kept as a pet was a garter. i am sure that many of you can relate. Like many people, i moved on to constrictors, then hots, and had quite the cool mixture of snakes from all over the globe. flash forward... stacks of empty rubbermaids and tanks fill my closet and i am down to a few garters and fox snakes that i just can't seem to let go of...kind of ironic, feels like i have come full circle and am right back to where it all started, which is good, i can get my fix by caring for just a few snakes as opposed to being at the mercy of that urge to own many. the striped beast wins again!

guidofatherof5
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Garters are magic and addicting. Once bitten(to coin a phrase) always bitten. It's been 44 years since I saw and held my first Radix.
You just gotta love'm.

jitami
02-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Great history Wolfpack :) I think many of our members can relate. I can, at least, say that a garter was my first snake... I'm pretty sure they'll be my last as well :)

infernalis
02-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Same here!

However I do have a soft spot for creatures in need.

ssssnakeluvr
02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
garters were my first....and have had them along side all the boas, pythons, venomous, kings, corns, rats.....and many other types...now they are the main snake in my collection!!!

Snake lover 3-25
02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
i had garters then corns and now just garters:)

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I have many types of snake, but when it comes down to it I love my garters, and have slowly been moving away from other snakes and focusing on just garters and water snakes. By that I mean every show, this kingsnake or that ratsnake or cornsnake I will sell to make room for more garters!

guidofatherof5
02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
They're magic. Something very special.

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-17-2009, 10:05 PM
yes, and sadly, it took me a few years to realize that. Having said that, I am very glad that I have taken the time to experience keeping and working with such a broad spectrum of snakes. It's what's allowed me to gain so much knowledge and what has driven me to educate myself as much as possible about all things snake!

infernalis
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Thams are my favourite, top o' the list.

Not really ready to give up the others, and Limon is here to stay until he is no more.

reptile3
02-19-2009, 12:01 AM
my first reptile was a bearded dragon, I still have him 7 yrs going!!!
then went to Ball Python, then Iguana's.

But after joining this group, I sooo wanted a garter, & now I see why! They are just sooo cute, cool, neatest snakes ever!